A good day

Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:22 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute
Default A good day

Been a great day today. Got my debit card through after opening a bank account. They were great. Only opened it on Friday, and got my card today. They got me a good savings one set up too.

Got a nice cheque from the water company in the US for the remainder of my deposit after paying the final bill (got twice as much as I was expecting back, too, woo hoo!!! ) I'll mail it to my US bank and deposit it that way.

But best of all, I got my own internet line! Yeehaaaawwwww!!!! I feel human again! Hehehehe!

I've also applied for several jobs so far, no joy yet, but I don't think the closing dates are up on most of them anyway.

On a more sombre note, I hope those in the UK who've had the bad weather are doing okay. We only got a bit of blustery rain here but I've been through some nasty storms in the US, and I know how scary it is.

Anyway, just thought I'd post a quick update.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 3:27 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A good day

hi kate, tks for update and good luck on the job front. let's hope you keep the positive spirit that we find over this side of the pond so that every day will be a good day
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, some definite progress there, Kate! Fingers crossed for you on the job front!
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up, Kate!

Looks like you're ticking 'em off again! Good luck with the job situation - fingers crossed...
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like everything is rolling along wonderfully for you. Good luck in the job hunt. I have a feeling it won't be long before you secure a job.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:52 am
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear everything's going well for you. Which bank did you end up using? Did you have to "shop around"?

Thanks for sharing.

Sarah
Old Mar 13th 2008, 3:19 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
Glad to hear everything's going well for you. Which bank did you end up using? Did you have to "shop around"?

Thanks for sharing.

Sarah

I went to Lloyds. They seemed to be the most lenient when it came to proof of address. I just took in my passport and a letter from the Job Centre that was addressed to me. Lloyds didn't need to use the letter.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Well that is encouraging. I left my Halifax account open with £5 in it so not to have all the trouble my son had when he returned.
Hope you are well and good luck with the job hunting...