Gone too Soon

Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gone too Soon

I'd like to tell you about a co-worker of mine who lost his life on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008.

David was a kind soul ... married for 11 years and the father of two little girls, ages 3 and 5. He was a handsome man in his late thirties, always friendly, always patient. In fact, in the three years I worked with him I never saw him cross or angry ... or stressed for that matter. He always had an easiness about him in any situation, a sort of quiet, gentle, goodnaturedness. While he worked in IT at our company at the helpdesk, he was studying for his Masters in order to pursue a career in education, and I have no doubt that he would have made a fine teacher.

When I was pursuing my own Master's degree and had to make a presentation related to IT, I asked David for some input as he had given an excellent presentation related to data security at our company. Not only did he give me his blessing to use some of the content he had shared, David also sent me additional videos and thoughts on what had happened in the past year since he had presented. When my laptop had problems he worked on it for hours when the helpdesk was slow in order to help my husband and I out. I have a Newfoundland (dog) calendar in my cubicle at work - and I remember one day when David dropped by and told me of growing up in Canada and being pulled on a sled by one of these gentle giants when he was little. His face lit up as he recounted the story. In fact every memory I have of him is one where he was smiling ... sharing in light-hearted conversation, or just when passing in the hall.

Everyone loved him. I can't think of anyone I would say was a nicer person, he was truly a prince among men.

This past Wednesday a company-wide e-mail came out with his name in the title. My husband had thought that he was about to read that David had been promoted. A hush fell across the office when we read the following instead: "It is with great sadness that I must share with you that David passed away this afternoon. We have no further details to share at this time, but will relay funeral arrangements when they are available. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers."

Everyone was shocked. Some in remote offices called me within minutes - did I know anything? I did not. As he was only in his late thirties we wondered ... was it a sudden heart attack? A car accident? Did he have an illness either he or we weren't aware of? It didn't seem real ... it couldn't be real.

A few minutes later the head of my department approached each of us individually. While the investigation was ongoing, it appeared that David had taken his own life. The story was that his marriage was in trouble, and his wife was planning to leave with the kids. He had called in sick to work on Tuesday, and the company had not heard from him on Wednesday. His father had found him and called his boss, relaying what had happened.

Once this horrible news was shared, all my coworkers and I could think of was ... that we wished he had reached out for help. That he had let someone know he was in trouble, or what was going on in his life. Because no matter how bad things were, he had many who would have supported him. He was loved by many, and had two little daughters who will now grow up without him. I would categorize myself as a friendly acquaintance, and my heart aches as I write this.

Tomorrow is his funeral, and it will be a difficult day for all of us.

So why am I writing this? Because a beautiful human being was lost last Wednesday. Because my hope is that if anyone out there is suffering the way he was, that they will reach out ... realizing that even if it seems like life is unliveable there are reasons to go on. Because I also hope that each of us will reach out to those who need us, in their time of need.

Because it's on my mind.

RIP David.

Last edited by Kaffy Mintcake; Jul 14th 2008 at 3:42 am.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:05 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gone too Soon

Amen. RIP David.

My condolences KJ on the lost of a friend.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:14 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

KJ....oh my goodness! How are you doing? I'm at a loss really except I know how you feel to loose a close friend. Take care of yourself and take the time you need from work to mourn. You have my heartfelt sympathy KJ.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

So sad to hear.

Just keep the good memories alive, no matter what anyone could have said or done it probably would have made no difference.

Take care of yourself Kazzer......sometimes there are no answers.

xx
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:58 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

its so sad when a person feels so alone they cant speak to anyone at all for help and then makes such a devstating decision. My condolances KJ.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

It is so sad that a human life had to end this way.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 11:55 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

My cousin David died last week at his home in
Poland....heart attack...... Aged 44 .....
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:11 pm
Deb

Deb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond reputeDeb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJ2007
Because I also hope that each of us will reach out to those who need us, in their time of need.

Because it's on my mind.

RIP David.

So sad, I am sure there is nothing anyone could of done KJ, poor guy was in alot of pain & only seen one way out, he obviously didn't realise that he had support around him...
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, that's heartbreaking, I'm so sorry.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

What a shame - I am very sorry.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope everything goes ok for the funeral. My condolences.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:17 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Heartbreaking, really heartbreaking
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:27 pm
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of

My sincerest condolences, what a tragedy.... His poor girls my heart goes out to them...
Old Jul 14th 2008, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
its so sad when a person feels so alone they cant speak to anyone at all for help and then makes such a devstating decision. My condolances KJ.
Very true. My condolences as well.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing your friend with us, K. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.