Gone and done it...

Old May 20th 2016, 5:10 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gone and done it...

...In the mail goes my N400 US citizenship application.

Been eligible for donkeys, but finally got it out the door now the tax money came in.

Bit of an identity thief's wet dream that package ain't it

Now fingers crossed that they don't ask me to go to Lawrence for the biometrics/interview...Boston, with the over charged parking, down the shifty back alley will do...or even Lowell...
Old May 20th 2016, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gone and done it...

Good luck, I have lost count the number of times I have had to give fingerprints in the US
Old May 20th 2016, 6:59 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I thought the same and decided to send it by UPS. Don't know why and probably no foundation at all but I thought it was safer than in the mail.

Anyone good on you and hope it goes quickly and smoothly.
Old May 20th 2016, 8:22 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I thought the same and decided to send it by UPS. Don't know why and probably no foundation at all but I thought it was safer than in the mail.
I did stump for the signed receipt, just in case

Cheers
Old May 20th 2016, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
...In the mail goes my N400 US citizenship application.

Been eligible for donkeys, but finally got it out the door now the tax money came in.

Now fingers crossed that they don't ask me to go to Lawrence for the biometrics/interview...Boston, with the over charged parking, down the shifty back alley will do...or even Lowell...
We did have to go into Boston for the biometrics and interview. Once to an office near North Station and then to the JFK Federal building. We just took the train in. Our citizenship ceremony was held in Manchester, NH. We could have waited for a ceremony in Boston, but just wanted it done and over with. Good luck, now you're close to the finishing line.
Old May 21st 2016, 1:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by joto
We did have to go into Boston for the biometrics and interview....
I had to go there when I did the removal of conditions on my green card. No rush to head back to that shifty office. It's insanely busy, compared to the Portland, ME office that I'd done the original card in the first place.

Still, be fun to get it out of the way.

I just hope I don't get asked about the 13 original colonies, I always seem to forget the last one or two. Friend was asked about states, MA being a commonwealth, cheeky one to trip you up on
Old May 21st 2016, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Been eligible for donkeys
Me too... I have never really been that bothered but I might just 'bite the bullet' if Trump gets into the white house just so I can vote his ass out next time around
Old May 21st 2016, 1:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yahooo Great news, Bob. Be good to get it over and done with.
Old May 21st 2016, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

jaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond reputejaffy23 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Bob - I had my naturalization ceremony last week and it was much more meaningful than I imagined!
Old May 21st 2016, 3:58 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Me too... I have never really been that bothered but I might just 'bite the bullet' if Trump gets into the white house just so I can vote his ass out next time around

Part of my thinking, that and it seems silly to spend similar money to renew the green card in a bit and as the kids have US citizenship, it makes it more convenient if anything happens in the future.

If nothing else, a temporary escape plan
Old May 21st 2016, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I did it many moons ago. The ceremony was in the County Court House and there were only 46 of us, we each had our photo with the Judge. Today it's in San Francisco and there or hundreds at a time. The big motivation was that there are many jobs in this ares that require US Citizenship. I missed several opportunities no being a US Citizen.