Wikiposts

Going to the US

Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Nyarai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to the US

Hello everyone,

What would happen if while you were in holiday in the states, your family were to file for you? What is the procedure? Thanks.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going to the US

Originally Posted by Nyarai
Hello everyone,

What would happen if while you were in holiday in the states, your family were to file for you? What is the procedure? Thanks.
This is NOT going to happen for you though.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...13#post7685913
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

You have already stated that your father has petitioned for you via form I-130. All you can do is live your life where you are and wait for a visa to be available to you.

You are no eligible to come visit the US and stay while this is pending if that is what you are looking to do. You have no legal right to be in the US on anything but a tourist/VWP visa.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 5:58 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Nothing would happen. Your dad would file your I-130, and you'd return home before your I-94 or I-94W expires.

If you want to remain in the USA, you'd have to have some kind of appropriate visa to do so....student, work, etc.

Rene
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:15 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

if you come and overstay the vwp - then you will be there illegally and that wont look good when they come to look at whether or not to issue family based vias etc.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MsElui
if you come and overstay the vwp - then you will be there illegally and that wont look good when they come to look at whether or not to issue family based vias etc.
THanks for your relies. I wasnt planning on doing that actually. I know of someone who is doing it at the moment and I wanted to find out what the process was.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:31 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

THanks for your relies. I wasnt planning on doing that actually. I know of someone who is doing it at the moment and I wanted to find out what the process was.
If the applicant goes out of status in the US, they aren't eligible to adjust status (unless they're an IR) and probably earn a ban against their re-entry. It's really a no-go plan.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
If the applicant goes out of status in the US, they aren't eligible to adjust status (unless they're an IR) and probably earn a ban against their re-entry. It's really a no-go plan.
Ok, its just that the person sounded so confident that they could sort things out over there. I wasnt too sure about that one. Btw, what is an IR?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:59 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, what is an IR?
Google: IR + visa.

Ian
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:45 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Here, I'll lend you the word that your thread title is missing:
NOT
Let me have it back when you're done with it, won't you?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Here, I'll lend you the word that your thread title is missing:
NOT
Let me have it back when you're done with it, won't you?
LOL!! Its all yours!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:45 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!! Its all yours!
I'm pretty sure you're not done with it yet.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 4:12 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Here... take this one - it's bigger.
NOT
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Here... take this one - it's bigger.
NOT
Right