British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Global Entry (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/global-entry-875278/)

Westham Jun 15th 2016 2:12 pm

Re: Global Entry

My wife and I both had our interviews at LAX on Monday evening, we were scheduled at 8.00 p.m. and got there at 7.00 p.m. We check in and they called us within 5 minutes, there were about 6 officers conducting the interviews in an open area which take approx. 5-6 minutes, simple questions just really confirming basic knowledge of the applicant along with some international travel history, take photo and full set of finger prints from both hands and two thumbs together.
We can use our TSA fast security check and the Global Entry Kiosks immediately and we will receive our Global Entry photo ID cards in the mail
within two weeks of the interview.
Seems more travelers are applying since the recent reports of extra long security lines have made the news on the media. Hopefully not too many have applied which may well defeat the operation, we shall see :fingerscrossed:

Westham Jun 21st 2016 12:55 pm

My wife and I received our Global Entry ID cards in the mail on Saturday just four days after our evening interview at LAX. Really surprised how quick these arrived, had to verify receipt of cards online by entering 3 digit security codes on the back of the cards and that's it good to go (or rather return) for 5 years. :-)

g1ant Jun 23rd 2016 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Westham (Post 11979411)
My wife and I received our Global Entry ID cards in the mail on Saturday just four days after our evening interview at LAX. Really surprised how quick these arrived, had to verify receipt of cards online by entering 3 digit security codes on the back of the cards and that's it good to go (or rather return) for 5 years. :-)

You are good to go as soon as your interview is finished. You don't need the actual card for anything at all.

lansbury Jun 23rd 2016 6:10 pm

Arrived back at PDX yesterday and all the GE terminals were out of order. Got taken straight to the front of the main line, while being glared at by everyone who was waiting.

Westham Jun 23rd 2016 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by lansbury (Post 11981832)
Arrived back at PDX yesterday and all the GE terminals were out of order. Got taken straight to the front of the main line, while being glared at by everyone who was waiting.

My wife returned from London yesterday to LAX and had the same problem and was also taken to the front of the line. Teething problems with their system:ohmy: Hopefully:fingerscrossed: better lick next time

rbackhouse Jun 23rd 2016 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Westham (Post 11981909)
Hopefully:fingerscrossed: better lick next time

I don't think licking them is going to help

Westham Jun 27th 2016 5:24 pm

We can always try :p:thumbsup:

Originally Posted by rbackhouse (Post 11981912)
I don't think licking them is going to help