Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Glenn Beck and Fox News Part Ways

Wikiposts

Glenn Beck and Fox News Part Ways

Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:01 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glenn Beck and Fox News Part Ways

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I still feel short changed but I suppose that's what you get for listening to a politician.

I'm probably still going to vote for him but really it's just a lesser of two evils. In 25 years time we're probably still going to be a nation in debt, paying over the odds for healthcare and education while haemorrhaging millions of $$$ of some other unjust f**king military action. Most of that isn't his fault but I thought he was going to bring 'change'? I suppose he's still trying to remove Bush's knob from America's arse, perhaps once that's done things will improve

I remain a cynic, and I probably always will. I wonder if the Chinese will allow me to be one when we're their bitches?
To a certain extent I agree with you, except I didn't believe any of the "hope and change" BS. I'm not sure if was just electioneering to get votes or whether Obama actually believed it, but was naive to the ways of Washington.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Check out Inside Job - sometimes becoming a politician, or one of their appointees, can make you a lot of money!
That was an eyeopening expose'.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:05 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
To a certain extent I agree with you, except I didn't believe any of the "hope and change" BS. I'm not sure if was just electioneering to get votes or whether Obama actually believed it, but was naive to the ways of Washington.
Perhaps, but he was a senator for the 4 years prior to the election, so he should have had some idea, making electioneering more likely.

Even then - when he was voted in he had a chance to grab the USA by the balls and say "this is how it is going to be" and start setting us right in the eyes of the rest of the world. I know many people, including myself thought the US had finally got it right in 2008.

Unfortunately, while he has done some good (cynicism aside); I wonder if he will be remembered as just another OK pres; or if he will actually do something in a second term to be remembered as a great one?

Either way, I'd rather have 4 more years of OK, than endure 4 years of anything the republicans have been putting out there recently!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps, but he was a senator for the 4 years prior to the election, so he should have had some idea, making electioneering more likely.

Even then - when he was voted in he had a chance to grab the USA by the balls and say "this is how it is going to be" and start setting us right in the eyes of the rest of the world. I know many people, including myself thought the US had finally got it right in 2008.

Unfortunately, while he has done some good (cynicism aside); I wonder if he will be remembered as just another OK pres; or if he will actually do something in a second term to be remembered as a great one?

Either way, I'd rather have 4 more years of OK, than endure 4 years of anything the republicans have been putting out there recently!
He was to bent on bipartisanship with a Republican party that does not know the meaning of the word. Should have gone the other way.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:12 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44
He was to bent on bipartisanship with a Republican party that does not know the meaning of the word.
There are many words they don't know the meaning of
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

He was a on a hiding to nothing following on from the mess the previous president left (which leads to many conspiracy theories that the Republicans intentionally chose Palin as a running mate in order to throw the election).

I agree though, I'd rather have another 4yrs of OK than the alternative. The only problem is convincing 51% of the voting public.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:23 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
He was a on a hiding to nothing following on from the mess the previous president left (which leads to many conspiracy theories that the Republicans intentionally chose Palin as a running mate in order to throw the election).

I agree though, I'd rather have another 4yrs of OK than the alternative. The only problem is convincing 51% of the voting public.
Perhaps I was being a little hard on him, considering the mess he inherited.

From my viewpoint across the pond in the UK (albeit mostly as a teenager), I always thought Bill Clinton was a decent pres. From what I can tell, a few people out here would agree with that. Deep down I believe Al Gore would have probably carried on his good work, but I could be wrong. The biggest mistake was allowing Bush to win that 2000 election IMHO.

I suppose the best option for Obama is to spend his next term continuing the clean up, and pave the way for a truly progressive Democratic ticket for 2016 and hopefully by then the USA will be back on track. I'd have a lot more faith restored in this country if something like that could happen
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Perhaps I was being a little hard on him, considering the mess he inherited.

From my viewpoint across the pond in the UK (albeit mostly as a teenager), I always thought Bill Clinton was a decent pres. From what I can tell, a few people out here would agree with that. Deep down I believe Al Gore would have probably carried on his good work, but I could be wrong. The biggest mistake was allowing Bush to win that 2000 election IMHO.

I suppose the best option for Obama is to spend his next term continuing the clean up, and pave the way for a truly progressive Democratic ticket for 2016 and hopefully by then the USA will be back on track. I'd have a lot more faith restored in this country if something like that could happen
Bush didn't win the 2000 election. The Supreme Court handed it to him. Completely beyond the scope of their authority. Not to mention he lost the popular vote.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:26 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dakota44
Bush didn't win the 2000 election. The Supreme Court handed it to him. Completely beyond the scope of their authority. Not to mention he lost the popular vote.
I was trying not to bring that into it

But am I being naive though - would things be radically different now if Obama had been following on from 8 years of Al Gore, instead of GWB? I rather think they would, and in a good way too.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:51 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

But am I being naive though - would things be radically different now if Obama had been following on from 8 years of Al Gore, instead of GWB? I rather think they would, and in a good way too.
Peter Cook said "never trust a Woman or a Government"
So maybe only famous comedians are best suited for politics......
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:53 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Now you're on to something. Put someone like Eddie Izzard in charge and things might get interesting with those stream of consciousness type speeches he'd do
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:56 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Peter Sellers did make a good President in Dr Strangelove...
Old Apr 11th 2011, 7:59 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by zargof
Peter Sellers did make a good President in Dr Strangelove...
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.

Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Careful what you wish for. The last thing we need is for Dem voters to get complacent and think 'we've got it in the bag' - only to not bother voting and those two numpties actually get in

There's got to be a moderate in there somewhere who can run so that if the Reps do win, at least we've got someone who has their head screwed on. That's just wishful thinking isn't it.

On the other hand, if Obama does get back in, do you think he'll grow some balls for his 2nd term?

I'm pretty neutral, I hate ALL politicians
In 1982 there were 58 senators that crossed party lines and had a more liberal voting record then at least one democrat if they were a republican or voted more conservatively than a republican if they were a democrat.

Today that number is zero. The center of the conservative rating system is 50 on a scale of 0-100. Up until recently Collins and Snow from Maine had conservative ratings in the 40s and 50s but have moved into the 60s. John McCain had ratings in the low 60s and has moved to the high 90s changing him from a moderate senator to the most conservative senator in the senate.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:38 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Michael
In 1982 there were 58 senators that crossed party lines and had a more liberal voting record then at least one democrat if they were a republican or voted more conservatively than a republican if they were a democrat.

Today that number is zero. The center of the conservative rating system is 50 on a scale of 0-100. Up until recently Collins and Snow from Maine had conservative ratings in the 40s and 50s but have moved into the 60s. John McCain had ratings in the low 60s and has moved to the high 90s changing him from a moderate senator to the most conservative senator in the senate.
Brilliant. So we're becoming ever more polarised? Just what we need

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.