Germans.

Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:56 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Germans.

Originally Posted by Elvira
Now why can't we have a proper Christkindelmarkt as well...
I don't know, 'cuz I love 'em myself.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:57 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xebedee
Racism leaves such a nasty taste in the mouth, so perhaps a nice thread about something pleasant and wholesome.

The Germans.

The Kaiser got bored so he offed:
1,700,000 Russians
1,385,000 Frogs
703,000 Brits (rain stopped play)
117,000 Americans (thought the party was at #4 next door)
Just to plant a garden in Flanders.

11,000,000 Russian soldiers and 6,700,000 civilians snuffed it cuz Hitler fancied a bigger backyard.
5.1 to over 6 million Jews perished because he couldn't get an overdraft.
10,000 Allied dead on D-Day just to set up some deck chairs.

They made a mess of Coventry and London and our Navy started to turn into single-use submarines.

The only music worth listening to which has emerged from that joyless nation is Kraftwerk and to date not a single joke has. Still, we live in hope.

Does anyone actually like these people?
Either you're a complete nob or I'm seriously missing some kind of joke here. I generally tend to look for the best in people so I'm hoping it's the latter.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:02 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Either you're a complete nob or I'm seriously missing some kind of joke here. I generally tend to look for the best in people so I'm hoping it's the latter.
Obviously a complete nob.
Go read through 427 pages of bickering on the word "lynch" then this will seem a ludicrous over-exaggeration.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:13 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

To busy making tea and letting the cat out.
I could go for a nice cuppa myself.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:19 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've been trying to let the cat out, but the DH is tired.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:20 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
I could go for a nice cuppa myself.
Sorry. Not allowed.
You dumped it all in the Boston Harbor 250 years ago.

Actually:
Did you know that most colonials didn't really care for coffee at the time as it tasted (still does) like sh!t. Oh, come on - coffee tastes horrible - its bitter and its like sticking your finger in an outlet.

Anyway, the colonials sort of were elbowed into coffee drinking out of a social objection to the fact that the English drank it. Wanted to be different, make a statement, as it were.

Now why is it that the beer tastes like p!ss? Perhaps that's it - Americans are quite literally taking the p!ss?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:33 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. Not allowed.
You dumped it all in the Boston Harbor 250 years ago.

Actually:
Did you know that most colonials didn't really care for coffee at the time as it tasted (still does) like sh!t. Oh, come on - coffee tastes horrible - its bitter and its like sticking your finger in an outlet.

Anyway, the colonials sort of were elbowed into coffee drinking out of a social objection to the fact that the English drank it. Wanted to be different, make a statement, as it were.

Now why is it that the beer tastes like p!ss? Perhaps that's it - Americans are quite literally taking the p!ss?
The coffee thing was a stroke of genius. Much more caffeine per cup mind you. Les need to take a whiz too. As you can tell I'm a coffee lover. The stronger the better. If you can stand a spoon in it it's perfect.

We could be the best piss takers on the planet for that. Believe it or not before we became a pale lager drinking nation we actually brewed ale more oft then other styles of the brew. As we know it was a meal and much safer than water. Even the kids had their own Kiddie Light then. Then came prohibition (those godd***ed party poopers). After prohibition, we switched to a pale lager because of crop shortages. It changed our palette. But now we've become a bit more demanding in taste. That demand created the need for microbreweries around the nation. So there is a very good chance you can find a great beer. It won't be from the major three breweries, Anheuser -Bush (I worked at the headquarters), Coors, and Miller (now owned by South African brewing conglomerate). Make fun of those but do take time to search for some good stouts, bocks, lagers, ales, and more.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:03 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Does that mean you like them then?

They've been nothing but kind to me always and extremely helpful, even though my main interest in Germany was related to WWII and that was always an awkward subject..
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:10 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by anabella
They've been nothing but kind to me always and extremely helpful, even though my main interest in Germany was related to WWII and that was always an awkward subject..
especially if the strains of Deutschland Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt were heard...........
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:11 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
especially if the strains of Deutschland Deutschland über alles, über alles in der Welt were heard...........
Catchy tune, you have to admit
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:15 am
gurt mint nit?

The German entry for the Eurovision song Contest 1943.

*All together now*

Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:15 am
Sursum corda

Originally Posted by Elvira
Catchy tune, you have to admit
it is, very stirring, which I guess was the problem.

I always remember that bit in Cabaret where the young boys sing-Tommorrow belongs to me, rather haunting..
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:18 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

.....I always remember that bit in Cabaret where the young boys sing-Tommorrow belongs to me, rather haunting..
I agree............ spine-chilling...
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:19 am
Sursum corda

The German entry for the Eurovision song Contest 1943.

*All together now*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lSLHasN9UXQ&feature=related
Robert Shaw was a hunk.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 4:29 am
gurt mint nit?

Robert Shaw was a hunk.
Did you know he was in "The taking of Pelham 123" ?

*Was he? - was he SO?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.