Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Foxtons estate agents

Foxtons estate agents

Old Feb 7th 2004, 1:09 am
Account Closed

Klara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Foxtons estate agents

My husband and I are moving back to the UK from Florida in four months' time and are planning to live in London. I have been looking around for places to rent and came across Foxtons.co.uk. They seem to be very popular amongst Londoners but I have not heard from anyone who actually used them (successfully). Does anyone have any experience with this agent - good or bad? Do you have any recommendations regarding renting in London?

Thanks in advance.

Klara
Old Feb 7th 2004, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been in contact with them, they seem to be really customer-oriented. After Canada, I really need something like that.
Planning to use them on the move to London. Please let us know how you get on. I like their website with apartment plans and proper descriptions.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 12:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Foxtons estate agents

Originally posted by Klara
..... I .... came across Foxtons.co.uk. They seem to be very popular amongst Londoners ....
Popular amongst some Londoners. .... It depends what you are looking for - the properties they sell tend to be top quality and priced accordingly. Unless you have money to burn, or want to buy a house that could feature in one of those life-style magazines I'd recommend that you look again.

Try Haart (they used to be Woolwich estate agents), and seem to have good coverage across most on London and the South East. I bought my house in London from them and they were pretty good, and had houses priced realistically.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 7th 2004 at 12:57 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2004, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Klara is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pulaski
Popular amongst some Londoners. .... It depends what you are looking for - the properties they sell tend to be top quality and priced accordingly. Unless you have money to burn, or want to buy a house that could feature in one of those life-style magazines I'd recommend that you look again.

Try Haart (they used to be Woolwich estate agents), and seem to have good coverage across most on London and the South East. I bought my house in London from them and they were pretty good, and had houses priced realistically.
Thank you, I will definitely try Haart. We are not looking to buy straight away: although it would cost us less on a monthly basis, I cannot imagine that the prices could go up anymore than they already have and I don't particularly want to end up with negative equity. Especially as I am not sure how long we will be staying.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 11:01 pm
Banned

Gross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the roughGross50 is a jewel in the rough

There are very few decent estate agents in london. I don't have any complaints against foxtons. used them once for short term rental when my folks came to visit london/UK. took a few weeks before i got my deposit back considering i paid it before they moved in. i understand this is normal.

Most estate agents are scum, all they want is your money. should you have any problems during your tenancy then you can forget about contacting them. with some big firms, once you've signed the lease, they hand you over to admin/finance to deal with your payments.

My bad experiences are limited to buying and letting. i will spare the details for another time.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:56 am
Just Joined

CHEYENNES1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Klara
My husband and I are moving back to the UK from Florida in four months' time and are planning to live in London. I have been looking around for places to rent and came across Foxtons.co.uk. They seem to be very popular amongst Londoners but I have not heard from anyone who actually used them (successfully). Does anyone have any experience with this agent - good or bad? Do you have any recommendations regarding renting in London?

Thanks in advance.

Klara

Foxtons Realty is a despicable company. I am doing what I can to make the public aware of their business practices hoping they will be stopped. This is just some of what they’ve done to us.

<<name removed>> an agent with Foxtons lied to us when we wanted to put an offer in on a home. He told us there was an existing contract on the home, but still under attorney review so we could put an offer in and possibly get the home. We did end up getting the home but found out that he lied about there being another contract on the home. He manipulated the offer we made and the entire deal. They also got our listing and my parents listing as we purchased a mother/daughter house together.

Please PM poster for more details.

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jun 14th 2006 at 1:07 pm. Reason: Possible libelous material removed
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:32 am
Account Closed

Serenity is an unknown quantity at this point

The BBC did a report on them a while back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4826444.stm
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Serenity
The BBC did a report on them a while back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4826444.stm
I saw that report. If that's the same comapny I would stay a million miles away from them. Really nasty tactics.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:36 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Klara

Thanks in advance.

Klara
Klara - Foxtons are pretty much the same as any other Estate Agent - they are not working for the buyer/seller or landlord/tenant, they are pretty much only out for themselves, as once you accept that then it all becomes a little easier.

There are hundreds of letting agents in London, all of them pretty much give the shaft to tenants (I am a London landlord) and it often comes down to the capability of the individual staff member in the individual office so I don't think that there is a great deal to choose from.

If you haven't looked already I would try findaproperty.co.uk - just amalgamates a lot of estate agents offerings, the agents I use also place onto this site. It'll certainly give you a good idea of what is about and at what price. I think the market is a little slow at the moment so even in 4 months time I would try and offer less than the advertised price - should be able to get a rent 5-10% less.

Hope the move goes well
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:40 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Klara - Foxtons are pretty much the same as any other Estate Agent - they are not working for the buyer/seller or landlord/tenant, they are pretty much only out for themselves, as once you accept that then it all becomes a little easier.
I wouldn't expect a reply from Klara any time soon Cape Blue. This thread was started over 2 YEARS AGO
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:46 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I wouldn't expect a reply from Klara any time soon Cape Blue. This thread was started over 2 YEARS AGO
must remember to check that in future rather than just following on from the poster above - Doh!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

Serenity is an unknown quantity at this point

*lmao*
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scout
I saw that report. If that's the same comapny I would stay a million miles away from them. Really nasty tactics.

THANKS FOR REPLYING. THEY'VE CALLED ME TODAY & THREATENED TO SUE ME. THEY ARE DEFINITELY THE SAME COMPANY. THEY COME FROM THE UK.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:25 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CHEYENNES1
THEY'VE CALLED ME TODAY & THREATENED TO SUE ME.
Are you serious?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by peterbainham
Are you serious?
YES, I'M SERIOUS. I POSTED SOME OF WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO US ON THESQUEAKYWHEEL.COM. THEY'VE THREATENED TO SUE ME FOR LIBEL. HOWEVER, THERE'S NO BETTER DEFENSE FOR LIBEL THEN THE TRUTH. IF THEY DO THEY WILL BE OPENING A VERY MESSY CAN OF WORMS. I HAVEN'T EXPOSED EVERYTHING I HAVE PROOF OF YET. WHEN I TOLD THEM ABOUT MY PARENTS 85 & 86 YEARS OLD, NOT IN THE BEST OF HEALTH AND WHAT ALL THIS STRESS WAS DOING TO THEM IT SEEMED TO ME THAT THEY DIDN'T CARE AND CONTINUED TO REFUSE TO REALEASE US FROM OUR LISTINGS. MY POOR MOTHER HAD SURGERY YESTERDAY, BOTH ME AND MY FATHER HAVE HAD HEART SURGERY AND THIS IS AFFECTING OUR HEALTH TERRIBLY. THANK YOU FOR REPLYING TO MY POST. IT'S NICE TO SEE THAT OTHER PEOPLE FIND THIS INCREDIBLE TOO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.