Florida Vacation

Old Mar 3rd 2015, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida Vacation

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
When it comes to Disney you have to be a kid or Disney fan otherwise you likely won't enjoy the parks since they are not built around extreme rides.
That doesn't make sense. I haven't watched half the movies that have rides in Universal yet I can still enjoy them. I don't play with lego yet I can still enjoy Legoland.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 4:10 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
That doesn't make sense. I haven't watched half the movies that have rides in Universal yet I can still enjoy them. I don't play with lego yet I can still enjoy Legoland.
Neither of which are Disney though so how is that disproving his statement?
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Neither of which are Disney though so how is that disproving his statement?
I need to explain this?! He says you have to be a Disney fan to enjoy Disneyland/world (or a kid). Logically from that statement you have to be a Lego fan to enjoy Legoland (or a kid). I am not a Lego fan yet I enjoy Legoland, same as many others, hence why his statement cannot possibly be a blanket statement.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 4:37 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I need to explain this?! He says you have to be a Disney fan to enjoy Disneyland/world (or a kid). Logically from that statement you have to be a Lego fan to enjoy Legoland (or a kid). I am not a Lego fan yet I enjoy Legoland, same as many others, hence why his statement cannot possibly be a blanket statement.
That's not a logical conclusion at all though. He said Disney NOT all theme parks, that's like saying eating too much bacon can't give you heart disease because you eat carrots all the time and don't have heart disease. You're the one making the statement a blanket statement not him.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
That's not a logical conclusion at all though. He said Disney NOT all theme parks, that's like saying eating too much bacon can't give you heart disease because you eat carrots all the time and don't have heart disease. You're the one making the statement a blanket statement not him.
Somebody get the man some coffee.
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute

US school holiday time is a must to avoid if possible regards Disney. Regards flights check airlines direct as quite often they are cheaper than 3 rd party and as pointed out earlier, it's easier to deal with one company if anything goes wrong.
Old Mar 4th 2015, 8:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Epcot is great if you've got no kids, but is getting a little dated. We love to go for the food. Another favorite is Animal Kingdom.

If you like something a bit different go to Gatorland. Great way to spend 2-3 hours, and not too expensive.

The Orlando eye is opening in May (so after your visit) but watching it go up, it's looking pretty good: https://www.officialorlandoeye.com

April isn't too bad crowd wise, cause the mad Brit tourists tend to come a little bit later in the year (May/June) and then boil themselves walking around the sticky parks.

If you do go to Ft Lauderdale take a trip on the Water Taxi, great way to get around and they tell you all about the fab yachts and houses as you go around.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

If you plan on doing the safari at Animal Kingdom get there when the park opens and go straight to the safari.
The animals are fed in the morning and chances are you will see a good number of them.
If you go later in the day a lot will be sleeping.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 1:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

The parks are geared to Disney fans and children, and explains why people who are neither of those tend to not enjoy the parks. Disney caters to specific people and get more then enough and don't need to gear their parks to the general masses.

There are several on this thread who appear to dislike the parks and don't appear to be either kids nor Disney fans.
Old Mar 6th 2015, 1:28 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Orlando's MLS team fixtures. Kaka plays for them.

2015 Orlando City SC season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia