Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Flight problems..ARGGGGGHHHHHH...

Flight problems..ARGGGGGHHHHHH...

Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flight problems..ARGGGGGHHHHHH...

Sorry I just have to have a RANT :curse:

My 18 year old daughter (i.e. my baby..) .. was flying out of LAX last night to spend a week back home. She's flying Virgin. Anyway got to the airport, loads of time, all was Luverley Jubberley!!

Anyway, its not easy saying bye to 'your baby' and letting her fly cross- atlantic on her own, but shes a grown-up now and so off she went. She's taken to the Californian lifestyle quite quickly, and is all like, "chill mum i'll be fine"

Her flight was due to take off at 7.20 pm, she text to say they had boarded and all was fine.. Then she called me at 8.30pm, having sat on the plane for an hour, apperantely someone was sick and had to be offloaded. Ok, well thats fine shouldn't be too long. She then calls me back 20 minutes later, theres a big commotion now because the other passengers sitting near the said 'sick' person reckon the 'sick' person was 'suspicious' So they wanted ALL the other passengers offloaded and re checked!!

Anyway another hour went by and she called to say that the pilot said they weren't going to offload ALL the passengers and that he was more than happy with the security checks already done But that 6 of the passengers wanted off the flight so had to offload them :curse: At this stage i'm already on my 4th glass of wine!! I asked my daughter if it had made her feel nervous, and she was like "NO! I just want some food!!" I think I was nervous enough for all of us!!

Finally she called at 10.15pm to say that they were ready to take off. Checked flight status this morning.. she didn't take off til 11pm.. Bless her heart! Four hours sitting on the plane, and apperantly next to a 'smelly' person!!

I'm sitting here all morning checking her flight status, and for the last hour it has said 'Expected Arrival - 15.32' but it has just changed and said 'Expected Arrival - 16.45' ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH :curse:

I just wanna see it saying she has landed safely!!

Rant over, sorry!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 4:59 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flight problems..ARGGGGGHHHHHH...

Originally Posted by sambapink
Sorry I just have to have a RANT :curse:

My 18 year old daughter (i.e. my baby..) .. was flying out of LAX last night to spend a week back home. She's flying Virgin. Anyway got to the airport, loads of time, all was Luverley Jubberley!!

Anyway, its not easy saying bye to 'your baby' and letting her fly cross- atlantic on her own, but shes a grown-up now and so off she went. She's taken to the Californian lifestyle quite quickly, and is all like, "chill mum i'll be fine"

Her flight was due to take off at 7.20 pm, she text to say they had boarded and all was fine.. Then she called me at 8.30pm, having sat on the plane for an hour, apperantely someone was sick and had to be offloaded. Ok, well thats fine shouldn't be too long. She then calls me back 20 minutes later, theres a big commotion now because the other passengers sitting near the said 'sick' person reckon the 'sick' person was 'suspicious' So they wanted ALL the other passengers offloaded and re checked!!

Anyway another hour went by and she called to say that the pilot said they weren't going to offload ALL the passengers and that he was more than happy with the security checks already done But that 6 of the passengers wanted off the flight so had to offload them :curse: At this stage i'm already on my 4th glass of wine!! I asked my daughter if it had made her feel nervous, and she was like "NO! I just want some food!!" I think I was nervous enough for all of us!!

Finally she called at 10.15pm to say that they were ready to take off. Checked flight status this morning.. she didn't take off til 11pm.. Bless her heart! Four hours sitting on the plane, and apperantly next to a 'smelly' person!!

I'm sitting here all morning checking her flight status, and for the last hour it has said 'Expected Arrival - 15.32' but it has just changed and said 'Expected Arrival - 16.45' ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH :curse:

I just wanna see it saying she has landed safely!!

Rant over, sorry!
OH NO - poor you. Thats a horrible first solo flying experience. I am sure she will be fine. are you still on the wine????
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
OH NO - poor you. Thats a horrible first solo flying experience. I am sure she will be fine. are you still on the wine????
I blooming wish !! Just heard on online radio (english one) that there has been a major incident at Heathrow!!! Apperantely a man was seen running with bags towards a plane, they are going to carry out a controlled explosions ... My Nerves!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Flight problems..ARGGGGGHHHHHH...

TBH I'm surprised that the flight took off at all if it departed 4 hours late; I would have thought that the flight crew/cabin staff hours would have been exceeded on such a long haul flight.

I wonder which idiots wanted everyone to be re-screened.... If they were so anxious perhaps they should have voluntarily offloaded themselves when the sick passenger left the plane...

(I'm also surprised that you were worried about an 18 year old flying on her own....my kids were doing this from the age of 12....one year my son flew from New Jersey to Singapore via Frankfurt and back at the age of 13 with Singapore Airlines....mind you the lucky blighter got upgraded to First Class all the way out there and Business Class all the way back...on a free FF ticket!)
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishmum
TBH I'm surprised that the flight took off at all if it departed 4 hours late; I would have thought that the flight crew/cabin staff hours would have been exceeded on such a long haul flight.

I wonder which idiots wanted everyone to be re-screened.... If they were so anxious perhaps they should have voluntarily offloaded themselves when the sick passenger left the plane...

(I'm also surprised that you were worried about an 18 year old flying on her own....my kids were doing this from the age of 12....one year my son flew from New Jersey to Singapore via Frankfurt and back at the age of 13 with Singapore Airlines....mind you the lucky blighter got upgraded to First Class all the way out there and Business Class all the way back...on a free FF ticket!)

Yeah, I flew on my own to the States when I was 11, But I couldn't give a monkeys if she was 28, shes my kid and its my job to worry
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I flew on my own to the States when I was 11, But I couldn't give a monkeys if she was 28, shes my kid and its my job to worry

Quite agree with you......
(and my kids are 29 and 30!)
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:16 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

keep us updated. thinking of you.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:21 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Flight problems..ARGGGGGHHHHHH...

This is the report from Sky news:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...309211,00.html

Queenie is opening the new Terminal 5 tomorrow.....
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:23 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, golly! It sounds just as stressful for you as your poor daughter.

Sounds like she's quite sensible though. I'd have throttled the first passenger who used the word 'suspicious' since suspicious can mean anything these days, from a guy wearing a turban to two Arab passengers being overheard discussing the weather in their native tongue!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pheweeeeeeeeeee...

Just spoken to her, all is well in the world again! Apperantely 7 people offloaded the flight last night :curse: Some of the passengers were saying that the 'sick' person was VERY suspicious and could be a 'Bomber' and that Virgin safety checks were rubbish.. Have u ever heard the likes!!!!

Anyway they eventually took off after lots of rows on the plane, and she said the flight was good. Well i think for her the best bit was that she was served her first LEGAL drink

She nearly had a fight with Gerry Halliwells Nanny in the baggage reclaim hall.. but thats a whole other story!! Then i asked her what it was like to be back home and she said 'oh well England just has a certain smell, it was great , i nearly cried' Too Sweet..
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Glad she made it OK. Delays can drive you nuts. I love the feeling of the wheels hitting English soil, well tarmac anyway!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:45 pm

JEM3110 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bevinva
Glad she made it OK. Delays can drive you nuts. I love the feeling of the wheels hitting English soil, well tarmac anyway!
Yes, I love that initial feeling on arrival back in UK - it's like putting on a comfy pair of slippers!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:06 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Pheweeeeeeeeeee...

Then i asked her what it was like to be back home and she said 'oh well England just has a certain smell, it was great , i nearly cried' Too Sweet..
One of my daughter's friends comes to the US a lot and he says that the US has a certain smell.
I wonder if I'll notice the UK smell when we go back for the first time later this year.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:20 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I wonder if I'll notice the UK smell when we go back for the first time later this year.
you will, its 'chips' IIRC
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul S
you will, its 'chips' IIRC

mmmmmmmmmm.........chips

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.