Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

First Starbucks and now Chipotle

Wikiposts

First Starbucks and now Chipotle

Old May 22nd 2014, 4:59 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Starbucks and now Chipotle

If I don't point out that they are, in fact rugby players and not footballers, Pulaski will come by and give me an earful.

So there you go ...
Old May 22nd 2014, 5:01 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
If I don't point out that they are, in fact rugby players and not footballers, Pulaski will come by and give me an earful.

So there you go ...
Again, I remembered the IMPORTANT parts.
Old May 22nd 2014, 5:07 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
Again, I remembered the IMPORTANT parts.
It was not an assessment of importance, merely a fulfillment of my obligations as Pedant of the Year
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:06 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If I don't point out that they are, in fact rugby players and not footballers, Pulaski will come by and give me an earful. ....
Wrong again. It is, actually, "rugby football". Please add one demerit to your pedant of the year scorecard.
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:08 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Wrong again. It is, actually, "rugby football". Please add one demerit to your pedant of the year scorecard.
Rugby Union, really. Who actually calls it 'rugby football' anymore anyway?

V-signs to your de-so called-merit ...
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:19 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby Union, really. Who actually calls it 'rugby football' anymore anyway?
Er, the Rugby Football Union
V-signs to your de-so called-merit ...
So a triple demerit has been assessed, for disputing a valid demerit ..
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:21 am
I have a comma problem

Nobody calls them 'rubgy footballers' though, you great numpty. Plus you willmored your quote (your stealth edit was useless, I saw it) so all credibility is gone

Anyway, that took us off course for a while. Gays with guns. Discuss ...
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:38 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! I was right!
Old May 22nd 2014, 7:42 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Leslie
Ha! I was right!
Well, no. You called them footballers, which they are never called. Pulaski's off on some tangent regarding to the name of the game they play but I'm still right.
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Well, no. You called them footballers, which they are never called. Pulaski's off on some tangent regarding to the name of the game they play but I'm still right.
Yanks call throwing the ball 'football'
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:30 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Yanks call throwing the ball 'football'
But yet they still don't call the players 'footballers'
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:09 am

Nobody calls them 'rubgy footballers' though, you great numpty. Plus you willmored your quote (your stealth edit was useless, I saw it) so all credibility is gone

Anyway, that took us off course for a while. Gays with guns. Discuss ...
"Stealth edit"? ..... None of my recent posts on this thread are edited.
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:10 am
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Pulaski
"Stealth edit"? ..... None of my recent posts on this thread are edited.
Right.

You had a bodged quote, which in the time it took me to reference it was fixed. It would have been done quickly enough to not tag it as 'edited' but I know what I saw
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:16 am

Nobody calls them 'rubgy footballers' though, you great numpty. ......
HMRC does, and here's one of several Wikpedia articles.

Let's face it, you hate being wrong even more than I do!
Old May 22nd 2014, 9:19 am

Right.

You had a bodged quote, which in the time it took me to reference it was fixed. It would have been done quickly enough to not tag it as 'edited' but I know what I saw
I didn't realise it was possible to edit a post and not have it flagged as edited. I have learned something today. ..... And if you think the removal of one "/" and the insertion of another "/" invalidates an argument, might I suggest a career in politics or the legal profession.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.