Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

female advice please - bored wife

female advice please - bored wife

Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:59 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: female advice please - bored wife

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
I also drive slower and brake earlier. I get a lot of angry looks but I don't care! If me keeping to the speed limit is a problem then tough, you're not going to pay my tickets are you!
I also have this weird habit of planning which lanes I will need to turn into at intersections since I am still terrified of changing lanes in busy traffic, and I have only this week plucked up the courage to merge onto the highway, which I've still only done once!
I drive at the speed limit and that does annoy a lot of other drivers but as you say, they aren't paying the fine.

I think it is hard to change lanes in traffic because everyone tailgates and so there doesn't seem to be any room to slip into a gap. In those cases I tend to change lanes very early. Better to be prepared
Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I just drive in the lane I will need to be in the whole way!
Yesterday I had a guy in an SUV about an inch from my bumper and we were driving in uncleared snow, I couldn't believe how much of an idiot he was.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:14 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I just drive in the lane I will need to be in the whole way!
Yesterday I had a guy in an SUV about an inch from my bumper and we were driving in uncleared snow, I couldn't believe how much of an idiot he was.
You have no idea how annoying people like you are.. You force other drivers to drive really slowly behind you or to overtake illegaly on the right lane..
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's annoying but if this country insists on being so reliant on cars then it will have to accept the consequences - me driving!

I know people here think that speed limits are a suggestion not a rule, unfortunately the traffic cops don't feel the same, at least the one who pulled over my husband the other week didn't. If I'm doing the speed limit or 2-3mph over it then you shouldn't be complaining that you can't pass me!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:31 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

For me it's all about being in the right lane at the right time. I go with the flow as well. If everyone around me is doing 70 - 80 then I'll do just the same regardless if the sign says 55. I don't want to be mowed down. Plus the cops will have to pull the whole lot of us over. So I'm not worried about a ticket. If I have to go slow I never hog the fast lane. Pisses me off when people go slow while using it even if they are going the legal limit. If any of you are that person, please I beg of you, get over. I've got things to do, people to see. Or is that the other way around. Another thing that bugs me are people that don't know how to zipper during rush hour. Thirdly there are those who try and jump the line when lanes are merging into a single one due to construction. Hold your turn. Otherwise I'll straddle the lanes and prevent you from passing. I don't care if you honk at me. I ain't letting you by me when I've waited myself. One last thing, people who don't turn on their lights in the rain. So what if you can see in the rain, turn them on so that others who can't see won't hit your tail. I've almost run into vehicles that didn't have their lights on. The ones that really blend in are silver or gray cars. Leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

BTW, if you DO get a speeding ticket go online and find a lawyer that will take care of it for you. You don't even have to show up in court for most cases. I got one, figures, and I just had to pay the fine and the moving violation didn't show on my driving record. My premiums have stayed the same. Only do that if you are about 10 over. Otherwise forget about it. I'm only stating information for Missouri. I do know that the same can be done in other states as well. Other than that, going to slow will also get you a ticket.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:42 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's annoying but if this country insists on being so reliant on cars then it will have to accept the consequences - me driving!

I know people here think that speed limits are a suggestion not a rule, unfortunately the traffic cops don't feel the same, at least the one who pulled over my husband the other week didn't. If I'm doing the speed limit or 2-3mph over it then you shouldn't be complaining that you can't pass me!
But you are aware of the fact that you are supposed to be in the right lane unless you are passing or turning left, right? Regardless of what the speed limit is or what speed you are doing..

Recently I was stuck behind a truck on the left lane of a 2 lane motorway. It was driving paralell to another truck and really slowly.. There was a bunch of cars in front of me too, waiting patiently for the truck to move somewhere. In the end everybody overtook it on the right lane as soon as we could, but what was amusing about it was the reaction of the other drivers, most or them were pressing their horns and a couple of them even opened their windows and stuck their middle fingers out to the truck driver... If only people did this to ALL the left lane drivers
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh deer deer...
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew

BTW, if you DO get a speeding ticket go online and find a lawyer that will take care of it for you. You don't even have to show up in court for most cases. I got one, figures, and I just had to pay the fine and the moving violation didn't show on my driving record. My premiums have stayed the same. Only do that if you are about 10 over. Otherwise forget about it. I'm only stating information for Missouri. I do know that the same can be done in other states as well. Other than that, going to slow will also get you a ticket.
Lucky when your allowed, up in Maine, doesn't matter if you have a lawyer, you've still got to attend court, which sucked
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:04 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Lucky when your allowed, up in Maine, doesn't matter if you have a lawyer, you've still got to attend court, which sucked
How over were you?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

How over were you?
I was doing 73 on the interstate but the crunt said I was doing 83, which was arse, because he was still waddling back into his car when I went passed, being over taken by 4 other cars
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:37 pm
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Bob
I was doing 73 on the interstate but the crunt said I was doing 83, which was arse, because he was still waddling back into his car when I went passed, being over taken by 4 other cars
That punk! The speeding ticket industry is a racket. Yeah yeah....safety shmafety. If he would have pulled me over I would have asked him what the heck he's doing and isn't there a coffee and donut conference that he needs to attend....of course I wouldn't really do it...but I may the next time.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

That punk! The speeding ticket industry is a racket. Yeah yeah....safety shmafety. If he would have pulled me over I would have asked him what the heck he's doing and isn't there a coffee and donut conference that he needs to attend....of course I wouldn't really do it...but I may the next time.
he only pulled me over because I had mass plates, they always do that because they figure people won't protest it, and it wouldn't be worth the hassle of driving all that way up there as it's about $100 return drive from here, so only saved $50, plust cost of lawyer...and first offence doesn't affect insurance over here
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing that bugs me are people that don't know how to zipper during rush hour. Thirdly there are those who try and jump the line when lanes are merging into a single one due to construction. Hold your turn. Otherwise I'll straddle the lanes and prevent you from passing. I don't care if you honk at me. I ain't letting you by me when I've waited myself.
This is a pet peeve of mine too - especially when there are signs or other indications that a driver should know that we're merging down to one lane well in advance of when it happens.

Just tonight I was stuck in bad traffic on my road due to an accident. I had class and had to swing by the house quickly on my way. Left plenty of time but the traffic was eating it up. While I waited to get past the accident I called and warned my husband about what a mess the road ours connects to was. In the meantime some jerk squeezed in front of me when he should have merged much earlier. I complained to my husband that some prick in a green Jaguar had just squeezed in front of me, and nearly flipped him off.

Then my husband said ... it isn't X, is it? (President of our company who lives in my suburb.) He drives a dark green Jaguar ...

Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by KJ2007
This is a pet peeve of mine too - especially when there are signs or other indications that a driver should know that we're merging down to one lane well in advance of when it happens.

Just tonight I was stuck in bad traffic on my road due to an accident. I had class and had to swing by the house quickly on my way. Left plenty of time but the traffic was eating it up. While I waited to get past the accident I called and warned my husband about what a mess the road ours connects to was. In the meantime some jerk squeezed in front of me when he should have merged much earlier. I complained to my husband that some prick in a green Jaguar had just squeezed in front of me, and nearly flipped him off.

Then my husband said ... it isn't X, is it? (President of our company who lives in my suburb.) He drives a dark green Jaguar ...

Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
Lol - I read him the license plate to write down and may check his car in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.