Fax machines

Old Dec 12th 2016, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fax machines

Originally Posted by tom169
I agree. It's similar to leaving a computer unlocked.
I had a developer complain to me the other day that he was having to re-login due to inactivity timeout locks 'every few minutes', and that it was affecting his productivity. I did some investigation, and determined the timeout was something like 20 mins. I finally got him to do some tests (stopwatch) and he agreed, it was only locking him out after 20 minutes! He still complained that this was bad for his productivity and wanted me to exclude him from that policy (ha ha, no F**ing way).

Whenever I see an unlocked computer, I quickly run notepad and type 'You have been hacked'.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 7:01 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I had a developer complain to me the other day that he was having to re-login due to inactivity timeout locks 'every few minutes', and that it was affecting his productivity. I did some investigation, and determined the timeout was something like 20 mins. I finally got him to do some tests (stopwatch) and he agreed, it was only locking him out after 20 minutes! He still complained that this was bad for his productivity and wanted me to exclude him from that policy (ha ha, no F**ing way).

Whenever I see an unlocked computer, I quickly run notepad and type 'You have been hacked'.

All the computers on our Domain lock after 20 minutes.
Old Dec 12th 2016, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems like something else is reducing his productivity if he can be AFK for 20 mins!
Old Dec 12th 2016, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty nice of you, if you're leave your computer locked where I work you could come back to anything!
Old Dec 12th 2016, 10:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

When I was still working in London I had a booked meeting with a friend in the same department - we knew each other well and were both part of a group who would go for drinks after work. Well, I went into his office but he chose to carry on chatting with one of his team, and I waited and waited - and he could see me sitting there waiting. After about ten minutes I noticed his computer was still open, so I went to MSWord and changed his autocorrect to change "department" into "monkey house". A couple of months later he was working late in the office before flying to the Netherlands the following day. Luckily he noticed that his report referred to "the audit monkey house" before he printed off the finalized document.

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 12th 2016 at 10:16 pm.