Favorite Comedian ?

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite Comedian ?

[QUOTE=Titchski;7406815]Jasper Carrott.

As one Brummie to another, I couldn't agree more
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

around here, it would be Bob Marley
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:03 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
around here, it would be Bob Marley
he wants to know your favourite comedian Bob

not your towns favourite.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
he wants to know your favourite comedian Bob

not your towns favourite.

he's a Mainah, but he's been around the block...worth a punt.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dogbyte;7407027]
Originally Posted by Englishtart
Wow! wheeltappers 'n' shunters, I vaguely remember my Dad watching that show, he loved it, I remember something about 'peas on a saucer'? and a big brass bell.. .........yup, Colin Cropmton on the bell complete with the flat hat !.. As for you vaguely remembering Huh ! I'm not that bloody old... oh. yes I am ! .. shuffles away.
LOL, we are probably around the same age? I just turned 50 this month (the new 40!) I'm just feeling older right now, but hopefuly when my toyboy (hubby, 8 yrs younger) gets home he will drag me back down to his level
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Manc and SillySod. They are very funny...
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Peter Kay is so funny.

Peter Kay one liners

>I saw a woman wearing a sweatshirt with 'Guess' on it. I said, "Thyroid
>problem?"
>
>When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I
>realised, God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to
>forgive me
>
>I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go
>swimming.
>
>I was doing some decorating, so I got out my step ladder. I don't get on
>with my real ladder
>
>I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered
>French toast during the Renaissance

>
>Well I was bullied at school, called all kinds of different names but
>one day I turned to my bullies and said - 'Sticks and stones may break
>my bones but names will never hurt me', and it worked! From there on it
>was sticks and stones all the way
>
>My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why
>he got thrown out of the fire brigade
>
>Sex is like a game of bridge: If you don't have a good partner, you'd
>better have a good hand
>
>I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said
>'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, Six should be enough'
>
>If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of
>meat?
>
>I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give
>the wrong answers
>
>You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither.
The joke in bold is stolen directly from the movie 'Swingers' with John Favreau. He says it to the waitress in Vegas.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have so many favourites from back home. Chris Morris and Armando Ianucci I think are probably the most influential. Brass Eye was amazing, I still love the uproar he caused with the special on peadophillia. I think 'The Thick of It' is one of the best comedies I have ever seen. I also really like Peep Show, I'm Alan Partridge, Nathan Barley. On the whole I'd say in terms of comedy writing that Armando Ianucci has the be my favourite. My favourite stand up from home is probably Reginald D Hunter. He's American, but has lived in the UK for quite a few years and is based there.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

Brass Eye is my favourite programme ever. I think the best one was the Drugs one, with the Made-Up drug 'Cake'. It affected the part of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon. He had all those celebrities doing appeals to kids not to take cake with all these ridiculous claims like it would make you cry all the water out of your body. Everyone thought it was real. Flipping genius.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orangemirror
Brass Eye is my favourite programme ever. I think the best one was the Drugs one, with the Made-Up drug 'Cake'. It affected the part of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon. He had all those celebrities doing appeals to kids not to take cake with all these ridiculous claims like it would make you cry all the water out of your body. Everyone thought it was real. Flipping genius.

That one was bloody hilarious.

Fav stand up, Eddie Izzard, Ricky Gervais and Billy Connolly those are the first few that come to mind, but love lots more.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:40 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Having seen Eddie Izzard 4 times, probably him, though I grew up on Billy Connolly and have always loved him.

I would love to see Patton Oswalt, though, and Ron "Tater Salad' White if you're talking US comedians.

Saw a couple of great Comedy Central specials over the weekend. John Oliver (I'm a big The Bugle fan) was great, and Russell Brand (I know many on here hate him, but I don't care, I like the guy), as well as Craig Ferguson last night. Excellent stuff.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:40 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoungSteve17
Who is your favorite comedian from back home ??
That would have to be the immortal Anthony Aloysius St John Hancock.

("Tony Hancock" to you, mate ...)
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:15 pm
UNFORGIVABLE

YoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of lightYoungSteve17 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ridski
and Ron "Tater Salad' White if you're talking US comedians.
YES
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:40 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

The best stand-up routine I've ever seen is Richard Pryor - Live at the Sunset Strip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.