Wikiposts

Etiquette or what?

Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:01 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etiquette or what?

Originally Posted by Desdemona
Being as it's Virginia Around here we don't have too many coloured people and I can't say I've noticed any marked difference ?! I treat everyone the same way (politely) and always just get a smile and thank you.
I don't know where you are in VA but around Dulles airport where I used to live there was quite a lot of black people.
Here in Seattle not as many, but a lot of Asian people.
Finding people are polite here re door opening and such, but found that in VA as well not so much Indianapolis.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:14 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I don't know where you are in VA but around Dulles airport where I used to live there was quite a lot of black people.
Here in Seattle not as many, but a lot of Asian people.
Finding people are polite here re door opening and such, but found that in VA as well not so much Indianapolis.
I don't live in Virginia. I thought Vic did I live in in Washington State. And yes, people around here are basically polite. Period. Even on the road.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:17 am

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in Virginia. I thought Vic did I live in in Washington State. And yes, people around here are basically polite. Period. Even on the road.
Sorry I know you do, must have been looking at someones avatar where they live and responded to you at the same time
I'll get my coat...
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

And yes, people around here are basically polite. Period. Even on the road.
:scared: Have to disagree with you on the road - well maybe they're a bit more polite in Eastern Washington - but they're downright frightening here in Western Washington! :scared:
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
:scared: Have to disagree with you on the road - well maybe they're a bit more polite in Eastern Washington - but they're downright frightening here in Western Washington! :scared:
I'm with you on the roads. Desi obviously has a better class of people and drivers where she lives
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:36 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with that I rarely drive when I'm in Seattle Although it's lovely in Spokane where my family is from and in Coeur D'Alene, Idaho where we have our house. Lovely people!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 6:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
I'm with you on the roads. Desi obviously has a better class of people and drivers where she lives
Yep we are/have It's true, I'm not kidding.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:58 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Guess you were lucky, because when I was pregnant in England, I had to stand more times than I cared to count. The final straw was when the bus driver pulled off from the bus stop before I could find a seat - I was 7 months pregnant! I started driving to work after that - even though that was a major pain to find parking.
Wow, that's really sad. I got offered a lot of seats, but never took them, I preferred to stand up when I was pregnant. I took my Aussie friends for a trip around London when I was about 8 months, I walked for miles, it was great, I loved it. It didn't help with my weight gain though, I still looked like a beached whale!