Wikiposts

Etiquette or what?

Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etiquette or what?

Originally Posted by Desdemona
I love this thread and the differents points of view When I wear a long, elegant dress and my highest heels and go all feminine, it isn't just my husband who's opening doors for me!! It never ceases to amaze me how it brings out the chivalry in every man, young or old, to see a woman dressed (and behaving) like a lady
We all know our place ? YES, DEAR. That's why
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:23 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
We all know our place ? YES, DEAR. That's why
You're just being cynical aren't you
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:29 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Thats clearer now. You did come across as a bra burner. I agree that "manners maketh man". I'll open a door for any one of any gender....but I also expect a "thank you". There have been times when I've opened doors for men and had no words of gratitude. I then sarcastically say loudly "You're welcome". I also got up on a busy tube train in London and gave one of two young ladies chatting my seat, she just sat down, smiled and carried on talking...I then said "Excuse me..I think I left my newspaper on the seat"...she got up and I quickly sat down in the chair again and I then said "The next time someone has the manners to offer you a seat have the ****ing manners to say thank you". they were somewhat dumbfounded ...as were a few of the other passengers.
I do exactly the same
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I love this thread and the differents points of view When I wear a long, elegant dress and my highest heels and go all feminine, it isn't just my husband who's opening doors for me!! It never ceases to amaze me how it brings out the chivalry in every man, young or old, to see a woman dressed (and behaving) like a lady
I prefer the slutty one in mini skirts ...it bring out the letch in me ...
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:33 am
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I might have guessed
Old Dec 13th 2006, 3:49 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

You may walk over my coat anytime, with attitude like that.

After my own Mrs has finished trampling her stilettos into it, natch
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:06 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG do all us girls have to spread for Rushy?
In his dreams.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:08 am
Banned

Originally Posted by gardnma
Aww... the age of chivalry isn't dead
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

After my own Mrs has finished trampling her stilettos into it, natch
But watch out for the puddle and hole under it
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:19 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman
Thats clearer now. You did come across as a bra burner. I agree that "manners maketh man". I'll open a door for any one of any gender....but I also expect a "thank you". There have been times when I've opened doors for men and had no words of gratitude. I then sarcastically say loudly "You're welcome".
I also got up on a busy tube train in London and gave one of two young ladies chatting my seat, she just sat down, smiled and carried on talking...I then said "Excuse me..I think I left my newspaper on the seat"...she got up and I quickly sat down in the chair again and I then said "The next time someone has the manners to offer you a seat have the ****ing manners to say thank you". they were somewhat dumbfounded ...as were a few of the other passengers.
I do the sarcastic loud "You're welcome!" too. Sometimes I get a rolling of the eyes and a "tut" from them, but thankfully more than 50% of the time, they're genuinely embarrassed at how rude they've been, and apologise and say thank you.

Rushie, I salute you for what you did on that tube! Bravo!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:23 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
No really? Say it ain't so!

Originally Posted by Leslie66
In his dreams.
Yeah that was a bit scary wasn't it? LOL!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
But watch out for the puddle and hole under it

Piss off, I was being fu(kin nice.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:35 am
Banned

Piss off, I was being fu(kin nice.
Yeah, and he always gets the girl. Ask MataHari
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:35 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Sorry with Amerlisa on this one. Good to know someone is teaching etiquette. If people want to reject etiquette for various reasons when they are older fine but at least let etiquette be taught, as there are far too many ignorant people about as it is.
Getting up for pregnant women seems to me common sense but sadly on tubes etc the young people aren't doing it.

And I love it when a gentleman pulls out a seat or opens a door for me and I don't feel weak or pathetic in letting them.
Yes, it is nice. It was lovely when I was pregnant, so many people offered me their seats on the bus/tube (this was in England, I'm not sure how it would be here). Many times I have held the door open for people, it's second nature to me, when I open a door I automatically look behind me to see if anyone else is coming in & keep the door open for them. The majority of people do that in England, but people here have let it slam in my face many times (it happened last night at the cinema). I would have thought helping a woman with a stroller get through a door would be something that people would help with, but not all the time, some people are just oblivious.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:38 am
Account Closed

Yeah, and he always gets the girl. Ask MataHari

My goal is to create a collection. A sort of Tate's gallery, or Louvre.

Well fed, watered and cared for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.