Wikiposts

Etiquette or what?

Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etiquette or what?

Originally Posted by Rushman
Whoa there lady!! Give the testicles back to you husband for a second and think about it.

I open doors and give up my seat to women for the simple reason that it is chivalrous, courteous and polite to do so...not because I think women are feeble or weak. The whole reason this is done is because as men we are supposed to be physically stronger than women (Amerlisa excluded) and therefore deem it fair and just that any extra weight is carried by us. It's not taking a single thing away from your feminimity...infact it addds to it in my eyes. I like a woman to be a woman....not a guy with tits and an attitude.

Well said Rushy.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:36 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valscot
In honesty, I'm struggling with this as on the one hand I want my girls to be treated like the "princesses" they are but on the other I don't want them to think that men are there to be taken advantage of
Why is it taking advantage? I think it's manners to do this. You'd rather have them saying 'I'll take a coffee' or 'My bad' and other such ignorant ramblings or speaking/behaving correctly? I drill my boys with their manners they get a boot up their arses if they forget. I really get confused with women who want to be men.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
I would give you karma for that, but I have to spread it around first. I completely agree, Rushie.

OMG do all us girls have to spread for Rushy?
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:43 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
OMG do all us girls have to spread for Rushy?
as long as it's karma and not legs
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Even he could not lose those! Yes I agree with almost everything you said. I just don't want my girls to feel entitled and that as far as I could see they were giving the girls the impression that they were weak and pathetic.
How does opening a door, carrying books or helping a woman off with her coat make them feel "Weak and pathetic"?. You are completely missing the whole point of why a man does these things. Its not because a woman can't...it's a way of showing love and respect for a woman, to show her that he cares for her...it's consideration and compassion.

I don't think a man is showing his superior strength by opening a door or carrying books for his woman...I think it's the opposite..he showing his gentle and caring side. You need to think about this abit deeper and not take a token gesture of affection and respect as an insult.

Somethings in society change through the years.... some good, some bad. I hope chivalry, manners and ettiquette never fade and infact get more widespread. I also hope that men start wearing suits and ties more and that men and women learn how to dance together again...holding each other. Not all of the traditional and old ways were/are bad.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

How does opening a door, carrying books or helping a woman off with her coat make them feel "Weak and pathetic"?. You are completely missing the whole point of why a man does these things. Its not because a woman can't...it's a way of showing love and respect for a woman, to show her that he cares for her...it's consideration and compassion.

I don't think a man is showing his superior strength by opening a door or carrying books for his woman...I think it's the opposite..he showing his gentle and caring side. You need to think about this abit deeper and not take a token gesture of affection and respect as an insult.

Somethings in society change through the years.... some good, some bad. I hope chivalry, manners and ettiquette never fade and infact get more widespread. I also hope that men start wearing suits and ties more and that men and women learn how to dance together again...holding each other. Not all of the traditional and old ways were/are bad.
I knew deep down you were just an old romantic.

I think the O/P has a chip on her shoulder...I am still waiting for her to 'put her money where her mouth is' to her thread about schools in the Lounge.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:52 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

AAHHH the warm and fuzzy Rushy. I like
So agree when my husband doesn't go and open the door of the car for me to get in and out of even in snow and rain I know I must have done something to upset him.
I love chivalry.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I knew deep down you were just an old romantic.

I think the O/P has a chip on her shoulder...I am still waiting for her to 'put her money where her mouth is' to her thread about schools in the Lounge.
Just realised it's the same poster!
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, in the main I'm with you, but they insisted on the girls wearing skirts or dresses. As a female I hope that I extend to my fellow person all the courtesy that I would like to receive. I just think that what the school was doing was incredibly sexist. They had the boys carry the girls books and take off their coats etc. I would hope that my girls are clever enough to do this for themselves and that no self respecting male feels the need to pander to their every whim.

But if you had sons wouldn't you teach them to respect all females and be courteous to them by offering to carry bags/open doors etc.?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, stop saying things I agree with!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
Just realised it's the same poster!
Oh yes!
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:57 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Ok, stop saying things I agree with!
I knew you two were made for each other
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thydney
I knew you two were made for each other
Just like you and Oldvirus
Old Dec 12th 2006, 3:02 pm
Not dead yet

Just like you and Oldvirus
Leave Diedre out of this or I'll tell the Dingoes about your droopy tash days
Old Dec 12th 2006, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

valscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond reputevalscot has a reputation beyond repute

I've read all the responses and I think that I better put the record straight.
There is not one post that I disagree with and haven read back what I had written I may have been on the tad feministic side. I do not think for one moment think that my girls are "princesses" wrong choice of a word.. forgive me.
I do however believe that manners should be extended to whomever regardless of gender and it did seem to me that the girls were being taught to expect rather than put some effort in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.