English subtitles..

Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute
Default English subtitles..

Really needed for The Apprentice (UK)?? Is Alan Sugar's accent really that hard to understand? BBC America obviously feel that help is needed for, well I guess the Americans to decipher what he is on about No one else in the show warranted subtitles, it seems.. just him!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:41 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: English subtitles..

My Step Mother in Law can't understand somethings I say.

When I was over in England with the Mrs and was talking to friends of mine I slipped into a local accent and she was lost on allot of what I said.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:45 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambapink
Really needed for The Apprentice (UK)?? Is Alan Sugar's accent really that hard to understand? BBC America obviously feel that help is needed for, well I guess the Americans to decipher what he is on about No one else in the show warranted subtitles, it seems.. just him!
Where's he from?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:46 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

London. He has a not so strong accent.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond reputesambapink has a reputation beyond repute

I know some accents are hard to understand - he just doesn't strike me as hard to understand - In fact others in the show were probably more worthy of subtitles - just cracked me up!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:56 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
London. He has a not so strong accent.
London, that's not tough.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:57 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw it for the first time last night and wondered the same thing! Its seesm like they used to add subtitles just for scots, but now its anyone who doesnt have a posh newsreader accent. I find it hilarious!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:49 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

TLC did it during the week. The show was "Tallest Children in the World" or something like that and they had a few British cases in it. Usually it is for the Scottish or Geordie accent but to do that for Alan Sugar is pretty hard to fathom. Although saying that, maybe his words were getting muffled by his Jeff Lynne/DLT facial hair?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

orangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to beholdorangemirror is a splendid one to behold

I didn't know they were showing The Apprectice on BBC America. Cool!

If you have a few minutes to spare, this is quite funny:

Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

They did it for Gene Hunt in Ashes to Ashes too.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by orangemirror
I didn't know they were showing The Apprectice on BBC America. Cool!

If you have a few minutes to spare, this is quite funny:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yxi6QDwQyLU
Very good!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:13 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

try listening to it with the SAP setting...
Some of Sugar's funniest quips

when stenders first aired over here, apparently they published a dictionary specially for the viewers.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
try listening to it with the SAP setting...
Some of Sugar's funniest quips

when stenders first aired over here, apparently they published a dictionary specially for the viewers.
My Daughter had to present something about England in class this week - so she had them do a quiz about English v American words.. Boot = Trunk Biscuit = cookie etc... but she finished it off by teaching them some cockney rhyming slang.. she said it was hysterical listening to what some of them were coming up with. It must have seemed very bizarre to them
Old Jun 10th 2009, 6:59 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

My Daughter had to present something about England in class this week - so she had them do a quiz about English v American words.. Boot = Trunk Biscuit = cookie etc... but she finished it off by teaching them some cockney rhyming slang.. she said it was hysterical listening to what some of them were coming up with. It must have seemed very bizarre to them
I tried to teach the girls at work some cockney the other day but they just did not get it lol!!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

They had to for the froggie Raymond Blanc in the Restaurant as people kept complaining they couldn't understand the people

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.