Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

English Girl on ABC's 20/20

English Girl on ABC's 20/20

Old Jul 3rd 2010, 2:18 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy English Girl on ABC's 20/20

OMG....I'm watching 20/20 right now.

Desperately sad.....a beautiful young English model is disfigured by having sulphuric acid thrown over her in a London street...
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 2:24 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English Girl on ABC's 20/20

a friend of mine in UK was blinded in one eye after having acid thrown in his face at a cashpoint
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 3:48 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: English Girl on ABC's 20/20

It's astonishing that people can just go out and buy acid?

This is the story of Katie Piper, who was featured on ABC's 20/20 this evening. I had tears streaming down my eyes when I saw what this poor young woman endured (and still does) but her resilience shines through:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/katiepiper/
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 2:56 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Englishmum

This is the story of Katie Piper, who was featured on ABC's 20/20 this evening. I had tears streaming down my eyes when I saw what this poor young woman endured (and still does) but her resilience shines through:

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/katiepiper/
I saw this the last time I was back in England and I was shocked, that poor girl, she was beautiful.

It's amazing what people do to each other, pretty disgusting really.
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 3:02 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

It's part of your car battery. Just pour the liquid out of any old one.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 7:38 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dudette
that poor girl, she was beautiful.
but isn't it just as horrible if she was a minger?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Hubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of lightHubcaps is a glorious beacon of light

I have every sympathy for what happened to her but i was a bit meh when she toured with the last Labour government in the election run up, pushing for even more "big brother" laws which (apart from CCTV) did nothing to protect her or catch the guy who threw the acid over her.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hubcaps
I have every sympathy for what happened to her but i was a bit meh when she toured with the last Labour government in the election run up, pushing for even more "big brother" laws which (apart from CCTV) did nothing to protect her or catch the guy who threw the acid over her.
true, but bless her heart she was psychologically scarred as badly as she was physically - she's terrified, of her own shadow...i guess she is driven to do something proactive, so good luck to her i guess; a lot of people would shrivel up and stay indoors for the rest of their lives.

There are some hideously nasty people in the world, makes me wanna hug my kids close and never let them go out
Old Jul 5th 2010, 1:44 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

And the horrifying thing is that the guy who did it got two life sentences -- which apparently meant he would be out in 16 years. There seems no point in calling it "life" when it very obviously isn't.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 1:58 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Juswus
but isn't it just as horrible if she was a minger?
I think it's horrible no matter what, beauty is not just in looks, but from reading about her in newspapers she was a really nice person too, beauty comes from within.