Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

England vs USA in Denver

England vs USA in Denver

Old Jun 7th 2010, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future
Default England vs USA in Denver

Anyone going downtown to watch the game on Saturday? Which is the best place? I'm torn between the British Bulldog or Fados
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of
Default Re: England vs USA in Denver

Originally Posted by davidw76
Anyone going downtown to watch the game on Saturday? Which is the best place? I'm torn between the British Bulldog or Fados
I will be on an overnight backpack trip and thus won't be watching the game. I personally don't like either place; however if I had to choose between Fados or the BB, then I would go to the former-- it is a little more expensive per pint, but I just prefer the enviorment and it usually has quite a large crowd.

If you want to venture out of downtown then I like the Irish Rover on South Broadway-- it is usually a great atmosphere and I believe than they are offering 2for1 on all wells, wine and drafts during all WC games. GB's Fish and Chips on Broadway is also worth a consideration, a bunch of Expats are planned to meet there and I believe there are also specials being offered.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Leyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud ofLeyther has much to be proud of

Quick addition-- the Celtic Tavern could also be worth checking out if you are set on heading downtown.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:23 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leyther
Quick addition-- the Celtic Tavern could also be worth checking out if you are set on heading downtown.
GB's and Celtic Tavern I think is where pats are meeting... I think there's been confusion over it. '

...you going?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

davidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant futuredavidw76 has a brilliant future

Lots of info here...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Where-...all&ref=ts

The British Bulldog sounds promising
Old Jun 9th 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tarkak9
GB's and Celtic Tavern I think is where pats are meeting... I think there's been confusion over it. '

...you going?
I am not too sure on the expats group; I left the group a while ago.

I won't be making it to any venue for the game since I leave for a backpacking trip Saturday morning.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Sooty04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leyther
I am not too sure on the expats group; I left the group a while ago.

I won't be making it to any venue for the game since I leave for a backpacking trip Saturday morning.
Im sorry you left our meetup group
it has got alot better now we have Liz in Charge more things are happening and we have having a meetup soon downtown denver to talk about more things we can do
thanks
Dave Sutton
Assistant Organizer of The Denver British Expats Meetup Group