Eek... help needed

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice
Default Eek... help needed

Hi all

My son married 6 weeks ago to his girfriend and filed all papers etc (my other thread, advice please)
They have now had a BIG bust up, he caught her kissing some guy in a bar!!!

Anyway, is that it, does he have to go home?? what will he have to do about the Visa etc ....

Hes talking about going back to the UK, but what will happen about his 194, hes obviously overstayed whilst the i485 etc is pending
im so worried he wont be allowed back in if he wonts to come back for a visit!!

As always, any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eek... help needed

Originally Posted by mrsvic
Hi all

My son married 6 weeks ago to his girfriend and filed all papers etc (my other thread, advice please)

Anyway, is that it, does he have to go home?? what will he have to do about the Visa etc ....

Hes talking about going back to the UK, but what will happen about his 194, hes obviously overstayed whilst the i485 etc is pending

Thanks
Hi,

Sorry to hear that. A bit more information about their intentions from this point on will dictate what the future options are. A 'bust up' is not the same as divorce, etc. If he leaves without Advance Parole then there will be problems........

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Oct 22nd 2009 at 3:22 pm.
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 3:20 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Did he enter the USA on the VWP? Did he overstay the 90 days and THEN file his AOS paperwork? Did he receive anything back yet, like the Advance Parole document?

If he wants to get a divorce, then he won't have any way of staying in the USA. If he wants to stay married and work on the marriage, then he can stay in the USA.

He won't have to do anything about "the visa", since he doesn't have one.

If he does not have an Advance Parole document in his hand, and he leaves the USA, he will abandon his AOS process.

If he filed AOS before his VWP 90 days ran out, I am not sure if the time he spent waiting for AOS to be adjudicated counts as an overstay or not. If it does, then in the future he'd need a B visa to visit the USA.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:48 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mv,

Sounds like he ought to have 2 legal consultations - 1 with a divorce attorney and 1 with an immigration attorney - to help him sort out what he wants to do and to make sure that what he does in one arena doesn't bite him in the butt in the other arena.

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I do not mean to offend, Mrsvic, but didn't your son marry quickly because he needed a way to stay in the US and couldn't do it through you?

They are very young, perhaps they will work out their marital issues, trust now being one of them.

Hi all

Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

mrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nicemrsvic is just really nice

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Hi,

Sorry to hear that. A bit more information about their intentions from this point on will dictate what the future options are. A 'bust up' is not the same as divorce, etc. If he leaves without Advance Parole then there will be problems........
Thanks,

Well, at the moment hes talking about divorce! but whos knows, mind you not sure if shes the sort of daughter -in law i want!

When can he get advance paraole, everythign is still pending at the moment..
what a mess
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Did he enter the USA on the VWP? Did he overstay the 90 days and THEN file his AOS paperwork? Did he receive anything back yet, like the Advance Parole document?

If he wants to get a divorce, then he won't have any way of staying in the USA. If he wants to stay married and work on the marriage, then he can stay in the USA.

He won't have to do anything about "the visa", since he doesn't have one.

If he does not have an Advance Parole document in his hand, and he leaves the USA, he will abandon his AOS process.

If he filed AOS before his VWP 90 days ran out, I am not sure if the time he spent waiting for AOS to be adjudicated counts as an overstay or not. If it does, then in the future he'd need a B visa to visit the USA.

Rene
Hi Rene

He did enter on VWP, but didnt overstay the 90 days before they filed the paperwork...
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe mum will have the role of counsellor............................
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

When can he get advance paraole, everythign is still pending at the moment..
what a mess
If he included form I-131 with his AOS paperwork, then he applied for it already. It takes about 30 - 60 days to get AP in hand after filing AOS.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
I do not mean to offend, Mrsvic, but didn't your son marry quickly because he needed a way to stay in the US and couldn't do it through you?

They are very young, perhaps they will work out their marital issues, trust now being one of them.
Yes, that's true.
I would like to think they could work things out..
Thank you
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Maybe mum will have the role of counsellor............................
maybe, not sure if i could be calm enough in light of what happened
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If he included form I-131 with his AOS paperwork, then he applied for it already. It takes about 30 - 60 days to get AP in hand after filing AOS.

Rene

No, he didnt..
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mv,

Um... probably not if his mother continues to be the one to figure everything out for him.

Regards, JEff

I would like to think they could work things out..
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:13 pm

No, he didnt..
Hmmm, I wonder why he would not have included form I-131 along with his AOS paperwork. There was no charge for it, and it would have allowed him to come back to the USA after a trip abroad. Without the AP, he can't leave the USA. (Well, he can leave...but he can't get back in.)

He can still apply for AP at no charge, but it will take 30 - 60 more days to get it in hand.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
mv,

Um... probably not if his mother continues to be the one to figure everything out for him.

Regards, JEff
Jeff,

No need for that, yes im the one on here asking questions, sort if things us mums do, - Ultimately he will decide what he wants to do not me..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.