Dysons

Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:43 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dysons

Has anyone bought one of those Dyson hoovers that is the new style of the 'handheld unit with a long rigid noozle' like a DCC 44 or DC59 or similar.

Im wondering if they are any good? I have an old regular style Dyson upright and its a faff to take apart and use the hose attachments to do the stairs. I wondered if the handheld was any better?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 5:55 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dysons

Even if you don't intend to buy online, I find the best place for a wide range of reviews for products like this is on Amazon

DC59
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner

DC44
http://www.amazon.com/Dyson-DC44-Dig...owViewpoints=1
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 10:22 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I've got one of those. We like it very much. House is small (1600 sf), so dragging round a big vacuum was a pain with all the crap and furniture to navigate around. Thus makes vacuuming quick and easy. Not goof for a bigger house though I think as the capacity is quite small.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 10:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't, but have been reading about it a fair bit.

Battery seems to be what it is, so if you've got a couple of floors or want to do a through clean, it probably won't work for you that well.

The new one doesn't have the trigger power button so it's less knackering to use if you're doing more than a couple of rooms.

Still no real elegant way of storing the attachments....don't think you can get spare batteries for the newer ones either.

Probably avoid saving money on the refurbs as most seem to have complaints about battery not being as good as new ones, but possibly 50/50 if you get a good one or not.

They are massively lighter compared to the old uprights though and they are very easy to move around, especially for low counter areas and such, but still wouldn't get under the lip of a fridge that easily without taking off the main head.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

LeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond reputeLeavingLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I had one in the UK and loved it! It was amazing. Bought it from Costco. I wish i had it here (instead of the crappy dust buster that i bought) but it's so expensive here in the US. After all it is a glorified dust buster so not sure i can justify the price here
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 5:00 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
Has anyone bought one of those Dyson hoovers that is the new style of the 'handheld unit with a long rigid noozle' like a DCC 44 or DC59 or similar.
http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/cordles...e&w=718&mh=454

Im wondering if they are any good? I have an old regular style Dyson upright and its a faff to take apart and use the hose attachments to do the stairs. I wondered if the handheld was any better?
So much for Dyson's marketing prowess.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 5:06 am
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute

I have a family member who used to work for Dyson. Dyson is a marketing genius, convincing people that Dyson products are better because they never lose suction and are somehow better for people with pets. And people pay hundreds of dollars for them.
How often do you see a Dyson in a commercial environment? The reason not, along with the price, is that the suction is not that great to begin with. Also notice how dyson ads don't list how powerful their vacuum motors are (AMPS).

We have a an upright bagless vacuum with a hepa filter for the last 8 years, cost around $160 from costco. For the stairs we have the following for around $40, works great.

Amazon.com - Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B - Household Handheld Vacuums Amazon.com - Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B - Household Handheld Vacuums

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Sep 23rd 2014 at 5:13 am.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
I have a family member who used to work for Dyson. Dyson is a marketing genius, convincing people that Dyson products are better because they never lose suction and are somehow better for people with pets. And people pay hundreds of dollars for them.
He's a bit of a cock really. He had a chip on his shoulder about how the patent office treated him and by the time he won against Hoover his patent had pretty much expired. Boo hoo! Probably shouldn't have won either, what he did wasn't that novel.

In a way he is somewhat like Apple, nothing he produces is all that new he just makes it shiny and expensive.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 11:30 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Dyson make overpriced junk. If you want a proper vacuum buy a Miele or Sebo.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

My mum and dad have recently got one, and love it. As it's just them their house doesn't get dirty quickly, and mum loves being able to do a daily "whip round" with it. Works well with arthritic shoulders etc.

Dad has installed the holder in the cupboard under the stairs, so stores away ok for them too.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 12:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
How often do you see a Dyson in a commercial environment? The reason not, along with the price, is that the suction is not that great to begin with. Also notice how dyson ads don't list how powerful their vacuum motors are (AMPS).

We have a an upright bagless vacuum with a hepa filter for the last 8 years, cost around $160 from costco. For the stairs we have the following for around $40, works great.

Amazon.com - Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B - Household Handheld Vacuums
The motors in the US version aren't as powerful as the UK ones, they're licensed Mitsubishi motor's here.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 12:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
He's a bit of a cock really. He had a chip on his shoulder about how the patent office treated him and by the time he won against Hoover his patent had pretty much expired. Boo hoo! Probably shouldn't have won either, what he did wasn't that novel.
He got screwed by Amway more though, which was the real problem.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it that some people seem to make it a sport of taking a huge dump in threads?

THe question is about specific models of a cleaner, not whether someone has made the 'right' choice.

Unless you have specific comments to make relating to the OP, STFU and move on!
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 3:12 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guindalf
Why is it that some people seem to make it a sport of taking a huge dump in threads?

THe question is about specific models of a cleaner, not whether someone has made the 'right' choice.

Unless you have specific comments to make relating to the OP, STFU and move on!
Maybe the OP should take notice of the feedback on Dyson? It's potentially saving them hundreds of dollars. As a smart man, I know what I would do.
Old Sep 23rd 2014, 3:19 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Maybe the OP should take notice of the feedback on Dyson? It's potentially saving them hundreds of dollars. As a smart man, I know what I would do.
I have a Dyson. suction/cleaning ability is way better than any other hoover ive ever owned (incl Miele and Hoover ) or used. Its just heavy. My entire ground floor bar one room - is hard floors of one sort or another and its my stairs that get more dirty than anywhere - so that is the area im specifically looking for an improvement.

The Upright dyson i have now cleans it fine - its just heavy and somewhat difficult to balance on staircases - so i specifically wanted to know if the model 'types' i showed above would likely be a better bet. I have several small dust busters already of various brands over the years and to be honest - i could suck more dirt up myself with a straw.

so are the models above the same kind of cleaning power but lighter/more easy to handle on stairs - because if so that will be perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.