Duck Dynasty

Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:48 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Duck Dynasty

Born-again Christian with cocksocket-like views on gays shocker....

http://www.accesshollywood.com/duck-..._article_88025

Surprised? I nearly shit myself...
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duck Dynasty

I read a comment on the Internet that summed up the situation quite succinctly.

"Man who compares homosexuality to bestiality makes living by trying to trick ducks into having sex with him."
Old Dec 19th 2013, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

Ulsterman in Texas is an unknown quantity at this point

Duck Dynasty (which was my favorite TV show) is aimed at a conservative evangelical demographic, yet it suspends Phil Robertson for voicing opinions widely held by that demographic? It seems to me highly hypocritical on behalf of A&E what have made a lot of money of people who hold the same views as Mr Robertson. Of course I don't expect him to get much sympathy with the secular liberalism that is rampant on this site.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:02 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ulsterman in Texas
Duck Dynasty (which was my favorite TV show) is aimed at a conservative evangelical demographic, yet it suspends Phil Robertson for voicing opinions widely held by that demographic? It seems to me highly hypocritical on behalf of A&E what have made a lot of money of people who hold the same views as Mr Robertson. Of course I don't expect him to get much sympathy with the secular liberalism that is rampant on this site.
What makes you claim that is the targeted demographic?

I only lasted 20 minutes of an episode before I gave up, but it looked to me as though we were supposed to be laughing at them.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Given your tagline I wouldn't be suprised you would say that, but if you walk in to a Lifeway book store there is a vast array of Duck Dynasty merchandise, devotionals and so forth.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

It is all a scripted totally unreal "reality" show.

I'm sure they wanted more publicity, good or bad so why not come up with something controversial..I mean, really!.Why watch or listen to the utter crap they spout that is supposedly from their everyday normal lives...

Bring back the Beverly Hillbillies, that's what I say
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:22 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't this be tied in with the things you want to say on facebook thread?
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:35 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's target audience is age bracket 25-54. I enjoy the program. That doesn't mean that comments comparing homosexuality to bestiality shouldn't be held up to ridicule.

Suspending him from the show seems an odd decision. If they didn't want him to air his opinions in print as it reflected badly on the network, the network staff should have been more careful about scheduling his interviews.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Weeze
No, it's target audience is age bracket 25-54. I enjoy the program. That doesn't mean that comments comparing homosexuality to bestiality shouldn't be held up to ridicule.

Suspending him from the show seems an odd decision. If they didn't want him to air his opinions in print as it reflected badly on the network, the network staff should have been more careful about scheduling his interviews.
I think I agree with you there, my assumption that perhaps Duck Dynasty is aimed at Evangelicals is the amount of Evangelicals who actually watch it (my self included), plus the amount of Duck Dynasty people who speak at Christian events and the lack of foul language in it (though there is plenty of fowl language, thank you I'm here all week) we do live in a free society though and I have to accept that my views will be mocked sometimes, but I agree with the main thrust of the post.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:05 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

I think I agree with you there, my assumption that perhaps Duck Dynasty is aimed at Evangelicals is the amount of Evangelicals who actually watch it (my self included), plus the amount of Duck Dynasty people who speak at Christian events and the lack of foul language in it (though there is plenty of fowl language, thank you I'm here all week) we do live in a free society though and I have to accept that my views will be mocked sometimes, but I agree with the main thrust of the post.
Pretty sure it's aimed at people who like to watch other people looning around in pickup trucks whilst blasting things apart with shotguns and dynamite, preferably whilst eating frogs on a golf course.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:07 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of questions here:

1) What is wrong with secularism? It is the single, solitary philosphy that actually includes everyone and excludes no-one. Religious freedom already exists. However, they get an inch and expect a light year, IMO.

2) Do mainstream Christians actually still believe that homosexuality is wrong? Because, as followers of Jesus Christ, wouldn't they have to reference what he said about gays - which was:

Originally Posted by Jesus of Nazareth
He said NOTHING. Taking a bunch of crap from Leviticus and slapping it on modern society shows a distinch lack of critical thinking from people who desire to be taken seriously?

Nah - I used to be a god botherer and I never would have said the kind of stuff this bloke came off with. I don't care if your key demographic is evangelical neo-cons - you still have to use a modicum of common sense when you spaff off soundbites in the public eye.

Addendum 3) If your answer to #2 is 'yes' - then why? What harm does it do you or your family if two blokes or two women want to be together? Are they bumming each other in your bedroom, using your sheets as a Kleenex?

I'm at a loss as to why they waste so much time condemning people who love each other but turn a blind eye to all the poverty, famine and suffering that their 'benevolent, omnipotent, loving, all-powerful god' has allowed to happen
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I'm at a loss as to why they waste so much time condemning people who love each other but turn a blind eye to all the poverty, famine and suffering that their 'benevolent, omnipotent, loving, all-powerful god' has allowed to happen
Don't you know, Sultan? It's precisely because we allow two men/women to shack up that we have poverty, famine and suffering.

Saying that, I don't watch the show, so have no idea who the guy is, but he is entitled to his opinion. As far as I read the quote of what he said, he didn't incite any kind of hate speech, just spoke his personal opinion. And I don't think he deserves to be vilified for it..as much as I disagree with him. And hey, it's a (supposed) free country, and we're all allowed to have dissenting opinions.. As long as we don't force those opinions onto others.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Dec 19th 2013 at 3:17 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:22 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Don't you know, Sultan? It's precisely because we allow two men/women to shack up that we have poverty, famine and suffering.
Oh, that makes sense - thanks for clearing it up

You are right on your second point, he's entitled to his opinion and I suppose he did apologise for it, that's actually not where my objections lie. Mine is with those members of the religious community who would attempt to force those opinions on others, and who do. Not just with homosexuality but with a whole host of other things.

Freedom from religion is what we need. And that isn't just Christianity, it goes for all forms of non-evidence based living. I include everything from Islam to paganism in that.

Science is the answer
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:24 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Freedom from religion is what we need.
Well said.
Old Dec 19th 2013, 3:29 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
Well said.
No secularist, not even antitheists like myself, are saying that everyone has to stop practising their religions (though the world would likely benefit if they did).

We just want them to shut up about it. Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's great that you're proud of it but don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.