Drool

Old Nov 6th 2006, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of
Default Drool

This is one of those slightly embarrassing things that I don't really want to ask my American colleagues, so I thought I'd post about this here in (relative) anonymity.

I took a red-eye flight from Seattle back to DC a couple of days ago, and didn't remove my blazer for the flight. The good news is that I slept very well, but the bad news is that I slept so well that I drooled all over my blazer (I must've been a heck of a sight to my fellow passengers!). Now I'm having quite a lot of trouble removing the stain. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints to solve my problem?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:07 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drool

Originally Posted by GaryK
This is one of those slightly embarrassing things that I don't really want to ask my American colleagues, so I thought I'd post about this here in (relative) anonymity.

I took a red-eye flight from Seattle back to DC a couple of days ago, and didn't remove my blazer for the flight. The good news is that I slept very well, but the bad news is that I slept so well that I drooled all over my blazer (I must've been a heck of a sight to my fellow passengers!). Now I'm having quite a lot of trouble removing the stain. I was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints to solve my problem?
sorry for stating the obvious but has dry-cleaning not helped?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:14 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Take it to a dry cleaner and ask then to spot clean that particular area.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
sorry for stating the obvious but has dry-cleaning not helped?
Well, I'm usually very hesitant to take my suits (or anything made out of wool or cashmere in general) to the dry cleaner's - it shortens their life span by quite a lot. If there is a more natural way to remove the stain, I'd rather go for that, but naturally if everything else fails, I'll have to take it somewhere I suppose.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:41 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm usually very hesitant to take my suits (or anything made out of wool or cashmere in general) to the dry cleaner's - it shortens their life span by quite a lot. If there is a more natural way to remove the stain, I'd rather go for that, but naturally if everything else fails, I'll have to take it somewhere I suppose.
The only thing I can think of is baking soda in warm water and let it soak (but if it's wool you shouldn't soak wool ) or oxyclean to your wash cycle.
I have dryel which is an at home dry cleaning kit (it's a bag which you put your clothes and their sheet into a dryer) it also comes with a solution (spot cleaning) it is far more gentle than a dry cleaners and I use it for in between cleaning.
But maybe you just have to bite the bullet and get it spot cleaned at a dry-cleaners (if you tell them it was your baby it won't be as embarrassing )
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Try the new Tide stick. It's like a felt tip pen and is excellent...I bought one for hubby to keep in his briefcase. It works on silk ties so it should be OK for your blazer.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Try the new Tide stick. It's like a felt tip pen and is excellent...I bought one for hubby to keep in his briefcase. It works on silk ties so it should be OK for your blazer.
Forgot about that, I carry one in my bag but I must be beyond help as it never seems to take out any of my stains and leaves a mark on my clothes (must be a right minger )
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot about that, I carry one in my bag but I must be beyond help as it never seems to take out any of my stains and leaves a mark on my clothes (must be a right minger )

My husband swears by it.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:10 pm

My husband swears by it.
It doesn't help that I don't follow the instructions and soak the area (thus the mark) trying to get the stain out.
You must use it immediately though and I have had some success but you can't suddenly use it on old stains - don't know why I never discover these stains in the house - just out and about so can't really blame it as it does say only use on fresh stains.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It doesn't help that I don't follow the instructions and soak the area (thus the mark) trying to get the stain out.
You must use it immediately though and I have had some success but you can't suddenly use it on old stains - don't know why I never discover these stains in the house - just out and about so can't really blame it as it does say only use on fresh stains.
I've used it on old stains I've found when doing the laundry...it's always worked.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:19 pm

I've used it on old stains I've found when doing the laundry...it's always worked.
well I must be doing something wrong or I am just a minger in how I eat
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

well I must be doing something wrong or I am just a minger in how I eat

Maybe you bought a dud one.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:29 pm

Maybe you bought a dud one.
aahh you're to nice
I still would recommend them to anyone especially as they are only about $3 - especially to men as silk ties are a nightmare to clean. And they do take out the basic stains and for me (who seems to have weird stains )it does take out most of it at least.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:37 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Had to laugh...bought back a memory.

My best mate, my older bother and I flying back from a holiday in Greece.
This hot chick is handing out the refreshments, I look over and there is my brother fast asleep with non-stop drool hanging out his mouth.

The young stewardess woke him up and he's sat there with a huge puddle stain on his shirt...he was so embarrassed, he wanted to jump out of the plane there and then
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:45 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Check on the Garden Web. There may be a thread on how to remove stains like yours. If not, you could register and start a thread about natural methods to remove your stain.

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.