Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Don't pump gas on May 15th

Don't pump gas on May 15th

Old May 7th 2007, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

MHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really nice
Default Don't pump gas on May 15th

Body: write it in your planner, put an alarm on your phone, do anything to remind yourself....get gas on the 14th if you have to BUT........

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
Don't pump gas on MAY 15th
In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.
On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.
There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.
If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
Old May 7th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

hammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to allhammersmith_cockney is a name known to all
Default Re: Don't pump gas on May 15th

Originally Posted by MHolkham
Body: write it in your planner, put an alarm on your phone, do anything to remind yourself....get gas on the 14th if you have to BUT........

In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.
On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.
There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.
If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
What a great suggestion!!!!!!!!!! Anything to hit back at the oil companies and lower the price of gasoline
Old May 7th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

so gas goes down for a couple of days? C'mon is this really going to make any difference? Its still cheap gas over here!
Old May 7th 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

MHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really niceMHolkham is just really nice

I think anything is worth a try as our petrol will soon be as dear as in the UK if we just accept and not try to do anything but that is just my opinion
Old May 7th 2007, 4:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I love being told what to do....makes me go and do the exact opposite.
Old May 7th 2007, 4:59 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

It's total bull.

Of the people who would normally buy gas that day, about half will buy a day ahead so as to not risk runnning out, the rest will take the risk. Result: the oil companies get about half of the money, a day ahead and half will be a day late.
Averages out.
Bloody marvellous.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

They do the same thing every 6 months or so, never changes the price.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
It's total bull.

Of the people who would normally buy gas that day, about half will buy a day ahead so as to not risk runnning out, the rest will take the risk. Result: the oil companies get about half of the money, a day ahead and half will be a day late.
Averages out.
Bloody marvellous.
Now you've gone and spoilt the OP's fun.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I love being told what to do....makes me go and do the exact opposite.
In that case Fill your auto up on the 15th lol
Old May 7th 2007, 5:02 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Now you've gone and spoilt the OP's fun.
Sorry
Old May 7th 2007, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

In that case Fill your auto up on the 15th lol
I'll fill it up whenever I please.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Ok everyone seems like I have stirred up some controversy. It was not my intention to "make" anyone or to "tell" anyone what to do. I just was trying to make people aware in case they were interested. Of course everyone has a mind of their own and if you want to pull up at the pumps anytime that is of course your own business. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:20 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp
Yawn...
Old May 7th 2007, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok everyone seems like I have stirred up some controversy. It was not my intention to "make" anyone or to "tell" anyone what to do. I just was trying to make people aware in case they were interested. Of course everyone has a mind of their own and if you want to pull up at the pumps anytime that is of course your own business. Sorry if I offended anyone.
No problem...you've not offended me.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Now, if EVERYONE decided to protest a la the froggies, I think that would work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.