Doing an ET

Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

ITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to allITsWhatIDo is a name known to all
Default Doing an ET

Hi,

I want to phone home and wandered what everyone else used?

I know about vonage and OOMA. I'm sure there's calling cards out htere too, but what cards are the best/most reliable?

Has anyone used localphone?

Thanks
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing an ET

Originally Posted by ITsWhatIDo
Hi,

I know about vonage and OOMA. I'm sure there's calling cards out htere too, but what cards are the best/most reliable?

Thanks

Hi (ET here) lol, I phone home constantly, I use Vonage, all calls to the UK are free 24/7 calls anywhere in the US are also free. Monthly charge is around $15 to $19, inclusive of all other services, inc' call waiting, caller ID etc. I love it and have had Vonage for over 4 years
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:50 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I use our local phone company, cost 1c a minute to call UK, we have a package for land line and internet, it gives us 200 mins a month anywhere in the US and international is dirt cheap. It was only 3c a min to call Spain over Christmas.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:03 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks
I buy from here: http://www.uniontelecard.com/viapin/
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:08 pm
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks
I don't get people's obsession with calling abroad on the phone when wonderful things call webcamera's exist.. and if you use them on MSN, its free, and you actually get to see each other too!! Granted, not much use if you need to speak to someone without prior arrangement, or on a whim.

We bought all our friends and family members (even my 87 year old Nana!) a 10quid webcamera (with built in microphone) for Xmas, and they are fab. Hardly any delay in picture and sound. Makes you feel so much more connected when you can see people too. We use them a couple of times a week now.