Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws?

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws?

Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:42 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have American God-fearing in-laws?

My Darling Ex - Mother in law whom I love dearly she was very good to me in the past decideed that as she had been married 5 times and in the eyes of the catholic church which she had recentaly converted to that it was not acceptable, now then 3 are deadso all that remained was to annul yes annul the marriage to my ex-hubbys father that took place 30 years ago and lasted for 12 with 2 other kids involvedshe is trying and has been trying for the past 2 years to annul the marriage on the grounds that he was not a real marriage as he did not treat her correctaly!!!!!!!!

Leaving the gates to heaven open to the present one and the only one in the eyes of god for eternity together....give me strength lol

Last edited by Poppy girl; Dec 22nd 2007 at 8:44 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Oh, here's a good un. A classic really. One time a while back we were driving in the car with her and she said, to my step daughter (silly cow), that the native americans were wiped out as a punishment from god for worshipping false idols. i could no longer contain mysslf and said - no they f cukin weren't. They were wiped out by a bunch of pissed up scurvy ridden brits with nothing better to do except bang on about christianity while they butchered women and children, in the name of god no doubt!!!

She didn't like that and got really mad. Her foot unconciously hit the pedal she was so andgry. Mad as a box of frogs I tell ya!
My friend's MIL was telling her granddaughter (my friend's daughter) that evolution was untrue, and god created it all etc...

Friend got so mad she told off the MIL "I BELIEVE I was an amoeba!"
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:46 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
But to what extent are US in-laws religious attitudes directed at we secular Brit guys who marry their daughters, and indeed, our women who marry their sons?

In my case I think I am being hammered for leading one US daughter 'astray'.
This would happen even if you were American.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 11:58 am
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Seeing as I am Anglo-American blood there appears to be no escape in either direction then? Shucks...

----
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
My friend and MIL are all American. lol, yep, same problem.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rushman
Yup I am in exactly the same boat. Mrs. R's mother is a notorious Catholic God botherer and I am the devil because Im not going to church anytime soon unless they start handing out Stella Artois and pork scratchings instead of cheap plonk and a wafer.

It doesnt help that Im quite a critic of the Holy Roman Empire and its money grabbing, truth hiding and brainwashing policies.

What a bloody good idea!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to beholdElaineQ is a splendid one to behold

I know it's close to Christmas, but...

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws, who have never stepped outside of America, mentally or physically?

Hitherto, my US wife has lived and experienced Britain for about three years, and is quite open-minded about our secular Brit views on religion and the fact that only about 16% of our indigenous Christian population attend church as opposed to about 57% in the United States.

Although my wife is currently in the States her mother is pissed off with her daughter - my wife - because these days my wife won't freely attend church in the States anymore (she's Southern Baptist). The mother-in-law is now posting me bloody Web-congesting 'forwards' about the stance of God in God's everyday social and domestic circles in the United States.

Moreover, she recently sent me an email, 'lamenting' that her daughter will never again find peace and happiness unless she 'reunites with God' (my wife is quite happy, thank you). Underlying is written her resentment towards British secular-minded attitudes and, I suspect, an hostility (albeit guarded) aimed at the fact that I am not a practicing 'God-fearing' individual (why 'fear' what you're supposed to be a part of anyhow? Beats me).

My adult wife, fortunately, does possess a mind of her own. She decides for herself on all issues pertaining to life and spirit. But to what extent are US in-laws religious attitudes directed at we secular Brit guys who marry their daughters, and indeed, our women who marry their sons?

Well, yeahhh!!! ...
Block the bugger's email address
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:09 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Ummm.... Hitler was killing jews...
Don't forget Hitler also killed groups of people he considered un-Aryan. e.g. gypsies, homosexuals, etc...
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:13 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Don't forget Hitler also killed groups of people he considered un-Aryan. e.g. gypsies, homosexuals, etc...
So he weren't all bad then .........
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:15 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
So he weren't all bad then .........
Is that a statement or a question?
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a statement or a question?
Who cares !!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:24 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Originally Posted by Ray
Who cares !!
Then why post at all? You're a waste of time. Just remember there were people other than Jews in Nazi concentration camps.:curse:
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:34 pm
Ray

Then why post at all?
You're a waste of time.
Just remember there were people other than Jews in Nazi concentration camps.:curse:
I can post whatever and whenever I like ..
What happened 60+ years ago ..is of little interest to me nowaday
And your opinion of me is worth even less ....
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:39 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I think evolution is "God's" greatest miracle. The natural things on this planet are too perfect for me to be entirely without faith in a creator. As far as religion goes..I guess it looked good on paper...
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's close to Christmas, but...

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws, who have never stepped outside of America, mentally or physically?

Hitherto, my US wife has lived and experienced Britain for about three years, and is quite open-minded about our secular Brit views on religion and the fact that only about 16% of our indigenous Christian population attend church as opposed to about 57% in the United States.

Although my wife is currently in the States her mother is pissed off with her daughter - my wife - because these days my wife won't freely attend church in the States anymore (she's Southern Baptist). The mother-in-law is now posting me bloody Web-congesting 'forwards' about the stance of God in God's everyday social and domestic circles in the United States.

Moreover, she recently sent me an email, 'lamenting' that her daughter will never again find peace and happiness unless she 'reunites with God' (my wife is quite happy, thank you). Underlying is written her resentment towards British secular-minded attitudes and, I suspect, an hostility (albeit guarded) aimed at the fact that I am not a practicing 'God-fearing' individual (why 'fear' what you're supposed to be a part of anyhow? Beats me).

My adult wife, fortunately, does possess a mind of her own. She decides for herself on all issues pertaining to life and spirit. But to what extent are US in-laws religious attitudes directed at we secular Brit guys who marry their daughters, and indeed, our women who marry their sons?

Well, yeahhh!!! ...
NOPE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.