Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws?

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws?

Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:45 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have American God-fearing in-laws?

Oh, here's a good un. A classic really. One time a while back we were driving in the car with her and she said, to my step daughter (silly cow), that the native americans were wiped out as a punishment from god for worshipping false idols. i could no longer contain mysslf and said - no they f cukin weren't. They were wiped out by a bunch of pissed up scurvy ridden brits with nothing better to do except bang on about christianity while they butchered women and children, in the name of god no doubt!!!

She didn't like that and got really mad. Her foot unconciously hit the pedal she was so andgry. Mad as a box of frogs I tell ya!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:47 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Are you the guy in red then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbmzdmF3Mw4
Even worse. I am not a republican to boot! lol.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:06 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Oh, here's a good un. A classic really. One time a while back we were driving in the car with her and she said, to my step daughter (silly cow), that the native americans were wiped out as a punishment from god for worshipping false idols. i could no longer contain mysslf and said - no they f cukin weren't. They were wiped out by a bunch of pissed up scurvy ridden brits with nothing better to do except bang on about christianity while they butchered women and children, in the name of god no doubt!!!

She didn't like that and got really mad. Her foot unconciously hit the pedal she was so andgry. Mad as a box of frogs I tell ya!
I bet you enjoyed that!!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond reputelolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
I know it's close to Christmas, but...

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws, who have never stepped outside of America, mentally or physically?

Hitherto, my US wife has lived and experienced Britain for about three years, and is quite open-minded about our secular Brit views on religion and the fact that only about 16% of our indigenous Christian population attend church as opposed to about 57% in the United States.

Although my wife is currently in the States her mother is pissed off with her daughter - my wife - because these days my wife won't freely attend church in the States anymore (she's Southern Baptist). The mother-in-law is now posting me bloody Web-congesting 'forwards' about the stance of God in God's everyday social and domestic circles in the United States.

Moreover, she recently sent me an email, 'lamenting' that her daughter will never again find peace and happiness unless she 'reunites with God' (my wife is quite happy, thank you). Underlying is written her resentment towards British secular-minded attitudes and, I suspect, an hostility (albeit guarded) aimed at the fact that I am not a practicing 'God-fearing' individual (why 'fear' what you're supposed to be a part of anyhow? Beats me).

My adult wife, fortunately, does possess a mind of her own. She decides for herself on all issues pertaining to life and spirit. But to what extent are US in-laws religious attitudes directed at we secular Brit guys who marry their daughters, and indeed, our women who marry their sons?

In my case I think I am being hammered for leading one US daughter 'astray'.

Well, yeahhh!!! ...
Know how you feel !!! my Husbands family are southern baptists !!! we have been together 23 years and I do not and have not ever gone to church. When we first got together I told him if he wanted to go and later take our sons then that was fine by me. But he never has Mother-in-law the ***** from hell blames me and has never liked me - shame. We are lucky in that we dont live near them and have only had them to stay with us once.
Good luck.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:44 am
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Makes me glad my lot are red sea pedestrians!

I just get guilt, none of that religious claptrap!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Titchski

That's would be a no then.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

My FIL is not Religious or American and he's still an A'hole.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 2:06 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Elvira
I bet you enjoyed that!!
We crapped it. She isn't a good driver at the best of times. I immediately began crossing myself and chanting - therisagod thereisagod thereisagod!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 2:09 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by lolly
Know how you feel !!! my Husbands family are southern baptists !!! we have been together 23 years and I do not and have not ever gone to church. When we first got together I told him if he wanted to go and later take our sons then that was fine by me. But he never has Mother-in-law the ***** from hell blames me and has never liked me - shame. We are lucky in that we dont live near them and have only had them to stay with us once.
Good luck.
We do love near them, too f uckin near!!! part of the reason we are heading home.

Originally Posted by Titchski

You don't call, you don't write
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 2:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I'll give you a clue. They even have a religious theme park in the country I'm referring to
Oh yere!! Dollywood ....
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 3:10 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britex01
I know it's close to Christmas, but...

Do you have American God-fearing in-laws, who have never stepped outside of America, mentally or physically?

Hitherto, my US wife has lived and experienced Britain for about three years, and is quite open-minded about our secular Brit views on religion and the fact that only about 16% of our indigenous Christian population attend church as opposed to about 57% in the United States.

Although my wife is currently in the States her mother is pissed off with her daughter - my wife - because these days my wife won't freely attend church in the States anymore (she's Southern Baptist). The mother-in-law is now posting me bloody Web-congesting 'forwards' about the stance of God in God's everyday social and domestic circles in the United States.

Moreover, she recently sent me an email, 'lamenting' that her daughter will never again find peace and happiness unless she 'reunites with God' (my wife is quite happy, thank you). Underlying is written her resentment towards British secular-minded attitudes and, I suspect, an hostility (albeit guarded) aimed at the fact that I am not a practicing 'God-fearing' individual (why 'fear' what you're supposed to be a part of anyhow? Beats me).

My adult wife, fortunately, does possess a mind of her own. She decides for herself on all issues pertaining to life and spirit. But to what extent are US in-laws religious attitudes directed at we secular Brit guys who marry their daughters, and indeed, our women who marry their sons?

In my case I think I am being hammered for leading one US daughter 'astray'.

Well, yeahhh!!! ...
My Catholic mother in law secretly baptisted my athiest sister in law's baby.

Wifey has been warned that if she tries any of that shit with our babies I'll tie her to a stake and burn her. Guy Fawkes day come early. you're all invited as long as you bring marshmallows.

In other news, my early-seventies protestant father recently admitted to me that he'd become an athiest. He believed Jesus was a real person who lived 2000 years ago - but he weren't the son of God. And all religion's a bunch of rubbish.

It's nice to know your father can still impress and surprise you even as the years go by.

Me? The jury's still out. Arrived in America with an open mind, but it's closing rapidly. A heaven full of hateful American baptists sounds like hell to me.

Besides, somebody has to keep Rushman company. (Down below, I mean.)
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 3:21 am
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

Wifey has been warned that if she tries any of that shit with our babies I'll tie her to a stake and burn her. Guy Fawkes day come early. you're all invited as long as you bring marshmallows.

In other news, my early-seventies protestant father recently admitted to me that he'd become an athiest. He believed Jesus was a real person who lived 2000 years ago - but he weren't the son of God. And all religion's a bunch of rubbish.

It's nice to know your father can still impress and surprise you even as the years go by.

Me? The jury's still out. Arrived in America with an open mind, but it's closing rapidly. A heaven full of hateful American baptists sounds like hell to me.

Besides, somebody has to keep Rushman company. (Down below, I mean.)
You want to go down on Rushy? You're definately not going to the upstairs place mate lol.

As for your children; me and Ray are both fully fledged ministers so if you want them baptising at any point I am sure either of us would be happy to do it online for a minimal fee
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:18 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Oh yere!! Dollywood ....
Fatima.

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
OMG! I detest these superstitions beyond belief!!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:54 am
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Mil is very Catholic and occasionally comes out with terms like "Blessed Mother" etc. I don't understand Catholics, they seem to be as brainwashed as the Pentescostals are.

Fil's religion is right wing politics, can't crack a joke politically and its all soooo serious and meaningful when the subject of America is raised.

I've just basically given up.

Ho-hum, ding-dong merrily-on-high.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:31 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a town full of Bible maniacs ...from the Apostolics ...to Menonites ....Nazarenes ...then there's me

Its something I have come to live with ....not easily but there are benefits ...

Anyways ...one Friday night and I'm working away with a young guy assembling some parts for John Deere ..and I'm cursing like there's no tomorrow ...eventually the poor guy looks at me and says .."Paul ..I'm deeply religious and your language offends me " ...stunned look on my face ......"I'm sorry " I say after a few moments ... a few moments later the guy looks at me and says "thank you" ....."your f_uckin welcome" I reply ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.