Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

Old May 9th 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

We leave on Friday and I just looked at the Delta website to see what movies they are showing and it looks like they are charging $6 per movie for on demand - does this apply on long haul flights and has anyone flown this route recently?

That could really add up if you have we all have to pay $6 to watch the same thing on a tiny screen.

UPDATE: Always read the small print, "Entertainment is complimentary in the BusinessElite® and First Class cabins, and for customers in the Economy cabin on all international flights."

Last edited by The Horticulturalist; May 9th 2011 at 4:17 pm.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delta - ATL - LGW - movies?

I wouldn't worry about it, the movies are likely to be shit anyway
Old May 9th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I wouldn't worry about it, the movies are likely to be shit anyway
That's true and I personally don't care either, but I have a 6 and 9 year old who might be whining in my ear!
Old May 9th 2011, 6:23 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a mini-dvd player for ours instead. Then she could have her choice of Mickey Mouse! If you check your seats on line first you can make sure you get one with power supply.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Weeze
We bought a mini-dvd player for ours instead. Then she could have her choice of Mickey Mouse! If you check your seats on line first you can make sure you get one with power supply.
We don't have a portable DVD player sadly, they'll need to make do with whatever cartoon network rubbish is on or play angry birds on their father's phone.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
That's true and I personally don't care either, but I have a 6 and 9 year old who might be whining in my ear!
That's what ear plugs are for

Though seriously, why not get a portable dvd player and bring a couple of your own movies? Most planes have power sockets these days for you to keep the thing juiced up and those players are pretty cheap at Target etc.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:41 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

We don't have a portable DVD player sadly, they'll need to make do with whatever cartoon network rubbish is on or play angry birds on their father's phone.
I presume that's an iphone with that app. If so, you can download free tv programs from itunes. We got a few Phineas and Ferb and Dora (Dora is too young for yours I know, but they might like the other stuff).
Old May 9th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

I presume that's an iphone with that app. If so, you can download free tv programs from itunes. We got a few Phineas and Ferb and Dora (Dora is too young for yours I know, but they might like the other stuff).
Now I didn't know that, not being the owner of a smart phone, thanks!

I've never used itunes, do you know if I can get the season finales of most everything that finishes up in the next couple of weeks via itunes while we are in the uk? I'm assuming that I won't be able to stream the episodes if I'm not in the usa.
Old May 9th 2011, 9:25 pm

Not for free I wouldn't think. It depends what the programs are. You can rent or buy latest programs. For example, the newest Glee is $2.99 I think. I don't know why you would bother to buy glee like when you can watch the latest episode free on line anyway. As you will be in the UK though, I would have have thought it would be difficult to find US programs without it saying you are out of the geographical area. If you post in the techy forum, I'm sure they will know.
Old May 9th 2011, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not for free I wouldn't think. It depends what the programs are. You can rent or buy latest programs. For example, the newest Glee is $2.99 I think. I don't know why you would bother to buy glee like when you can watch the latest episode free on line anyway. As you will be in the UK though, I would have have thought it would be difficult to find US programs without it saying you are out of the geographical area. If you post in the techy forum, I'm sure they will know.
I'll just need to wait till I get back I suppose! I think they keep the episodes up for at least a month.
Old May 9th 2011, 9:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I'll just need to wait till I get back I suppose! I think they keep the episodes up for at least a month.
hot spot shield is a free US based VPN, think they have a iphone app, not sure, but that might be an option...or catch it on hulu etc.
Old May 9th 2011, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

keepmeistergeneral is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew the horrific ATL to LGW in April this year, and am happy to say that neither there nor back was I charged for a pretty good selection of movies, nor for the preloaded games (nice as an option, but very slow to load, especially to a generation raised on games consoles and quick load) that can be accessed via the removable control that you access down by the side of your seat.
Delta also provide headphones free of charge (believe me, a small mercy considering some of the money grabbers I've flown with). Aaron
Old May 9th 2011, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by keepmeistergeneral
I flew the horrific ATL to LGW in April this year, and am happy to say that neither there nor back was I charged for a pretty good selection of movies, nor for the preloaded games (nice as an option, but very slow to load, especially to a generation raised on games consoles and quick load) that can be accessed via the removable control that you access down by the side of your seat.
Delta also provide headphones free of charge (believe me, a small mercy considering some of the money grabbers I've flown with). Aaron
Horrific? worse than other routes? Can't say I'm looking forward to it, I wish it left much later in the evening then I'd have a chance of grabbing some zzzz's
Old May 10th 2011, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Weeze. My daughter takes the mini-dvd for the boys so they can watch their own dvd's if they are flying anyone other than Jetblue domestically.

They are bloody cheap Hort. Take a run to Walmart and pick up a dual player for the kids.

Last edited by Rete; May 10th 2011 at 1:34 pm.
Old May 10th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm with Weeze. My daughter takes the mini-dvd for the boys so they can watch their own dvd's if they are flying anyone other than Jetblue domestically.

They are bloody cheap Hort. Take a run to Walmart and pick up a dual player for the kids.
Nope! not this time anyway, I'm a tightwad on a budget

I will get one in the future as we borrowed one for a long car journey and it was helpful. They can watch whatever's available on the flight this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.