Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Dancing With The Stars

Dancing With The Stars

Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:03 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dancing With The Stars

A South African Gold Miner loses his leg in an accident.

'Well, that's me f***ed' he says, 'Who would want a one legged gold digger?'

'Me', says Paul McCartney

I'll get my coat.....
Old Mar 26th 2007, 10:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone see the show last night? Well done Heather Mills...came in joint first place with Joey Fatone. I am not a fan of hers... but I admire her courage...especially as many want her to fail. Who on earth designs her costumes? I realise she can't wear the very short skirts but the top of her costume and her hair are dreadful...very matronly.

Thought Joey was great...I hope he wins. The guy from 90210 is pretty good too.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Skint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond reputeSkint has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait for the Hokey Cokey night...

"You put your left leg in........."
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no Heather Mills fan but I thought she did great last night, with the handstand and everything. She comes across as being quite humble, not sure if that's an act or not and I hate to admit it but I'm quite liking her. I love Joey Fatone, he's such a clown and moves well. The Ali girl did great too, what a slamming bod she has, I'd kill for those biceps!

If there's one part of the American lifestyle I've adopted so far, it's a love for these cheesy celeb reality shows .
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Leeds_Lass
I'm no Heather Mills fan but I thought she did great last night, with the handstand and everything. She comes across as being quite humble, not sure if that's an act or not and I hate to admit it but I'm quite liking her. I love Joey Fatone, he's such a clown and moves well. The Ali girl did great too, what a slamming bod she has, I'd kill for those biceps!

If there's one part of the American lifestyle I've adopted so far, it's a love for these cheesy celeb reality shows .
I'm Canadian and still NOT a fan of Ms. Mills for her apparent greedy ways with respect to her divorce, but maybe she'll do a lot of good with the money, what do you think?. And yes, I agree she comes across as being humble, if nothing else, for sure she will inspire some people with her same disability to take up dancing so there is some good and she is not going anywhere just yet, she did great last night and she's also gaining popularity in the US.

My vote though goes to Ali, great personality and great dancer, she'll be in the top 3 for sure.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Leeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond reputeLeeds_Lass has a reputation beyond repute

You know Monique, I'm not sure what to think about the McCartney divorce but one thing to keep in mind is this. Sir Paul is seen in very high regard in the UK, almost to the point of martydom (ok that might be going a bit far but he is extremely well loved). I think she could have divorced him and not gone after the money and would still have been villified because, god forbid, she's messing with British Pop Royalty.

I think she's looking at herself and their daughter's future with the money thing and I think yes, she will do some good with it.

This appearance on Dancing with the Stars is going to serve as good publicity for her. It's why she signed up.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

monique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud ofmonique has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Leeds_Lass
This appearance on Dancing with the Stars is going to serve as good publicity for her. It's why she signed up.
Yes, most definitely that was the reason she signed up, very courageous & smart move on her part as the risk she took has paid off I think.

I can imagine Sir Paul is royalty in England, but as the saying goes, most times "it takes 2 to dance the tango", regardless who's at fault, it would have been nice to have settled this thing out of court without airing any dirty laundry, that is the only aspect that bugged me a bit about Ms. Mills. I also believe Paul has to be a true romantic, albeit not very smart for having married without a prenup with that kind of fortune.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monique
Yes, most definitely that was the reason she signed up, very courageous & smart move on her part as the risk she took has paid off I think.

I can imagine Sir Paul is royalty in England, but as the saying goes, most times "it takes 2 to dance the tango", regardless who's at fault, it would have been nice to have settled this thing out of court without airing any dirty laundry, that is the only aspect that bugged me a bit about Ms. Mills. I also believe Paul has to be a true romantic, albeit not very smart for having married without a prenup with that kind of fortune.
IMHO he thought he was marrying a clone of Linda.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:44 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
IMHO he thought he was marrying a clone of Linda.
I think she caught him at a very specific point in his grieving - at a time when the acute grief was over but he was still desperately missing what he had with Linda, and for some reason he thought he might be able to re-capture some of what he had with her - obviously wishful thinking on this part.

Elvira (certified amateur psych... )

Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:45 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

FFS someone ORDER me to get on with my F*****G TAXES! :curse:
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Elvira
FFS someone ORDER me to get on with my F*****G TAXES! :curse:
You've got the US Healthcare to sort out first my dear.