Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

damn parking space thief

damn parking space thief

Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: damn parking space thief

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
3 hours...is she training for something?
Nope. She just likes the gym. She lost over 150lbs in weight over the last 2 years. I think she just likes being able to exercise and use the equipment. I have a feeling it's also an excuse for a good natter too!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Not around here it wouldn't. Everyone but me has a pickup truck and as soon as you get a grey hair you seem to get a disabled sticker
Hmm, good point - it has to be the same round here on the eastern side of Tampa where the city folk meet the rednecks
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
10 followed by a lower case "d." I figured that the Brits here would know that one.
Not a Brit, but I got it.

Hobby woodworker...
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:57 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Happens all the time around here. I saw one (hanging from the mirror) in a Hummer the other day. It made me laugh.
Watching me trying to climb up into a Hummer would make you laugh too.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:11 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

I spent about ten minutes circling the parking lot of a Barnes and Noble last week and couldn't find a space ANYWHERE. I was most put out, especially as I was on my lunch break. Eventually I found one right at the back, next to a completely different store and I waddled all the way across the parking lot with my huge belly with cars honking at me to get out of the way.

Sometimes I think it's easier to park near the entrance because other drivers just don't expect to see pedestrians outside.

That, and pregnant women deserve to have special parking spaces near the entrance.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:15 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

They have those at some shops near us.

My wife was excited when she saw them! (8 going 9 months pregnant)
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:19 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
I spent about ten minutes circling the parking lot of a Barnes and Noble last week and couldn't find a space ANYWHERE. I was most put out, especially as I was on my lunch break. Eventually I found one right at the back, next to a completely different store and I waddled all the way across the parking lot with my huge belly with cars honking at me to get out of the way.

Sometimes I think it's easier to park near the entrance because other drivers just don't expect to see pedestrians outside.

That, and pregnant women deserve to have special parking spaces near the entrance.
Don't you just love the way they stare at you as they drive by....even though your stood there, trying to cross the pedestrian crossing..and the sign says "give way to pedestrians"..
Old Mar 5th 2009, 12:27 pm
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrEmjoy
They have those at some shops near us.

My wife was excited when she saw them! (8 going 9 months pregnant)
They have them at Babies R Us. I'm a HUGE fan!

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Don't you just love the way they stare at you as they drive by....even though your stood there, trying to cross the pedestrian crossing..and the sign says "give way to pedestrians"..
Yeah... the mean buggers.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

We had an experience in the UK with a mini parked almost diagonally across the last 2 parking spaces in a multi story. I was with my father at the time - we got out and moved (well, more like bumped and rocked) the mini into one of the parking spaces, parked in the other. When we returned the mini was still there, so we backed out of our space, got out of the car and turned the mini 90 degrees leaving him about 6 inches from the cars either side.

Another alternative is to let their tyres down.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 4:27 am
Banned

Chasity will become famous soon enoughChasity will become famous soon enough

THREE hours in the gym? Sorry but as a personal trainer, I can tell you something is being done seriously wrong there LOL.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Check this out in Andover town centre A while ago!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SunrQam8aU

(Not so much actual footage as I remember it being reported originally but still pretty amazing)
Old Mar 19th 2009, 1:18 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I am not sure on the statute of limitations in the UK
I have no comment
I believe (though I am not sure) that there isn't one for criminal offences in the UK. After x years (varies depending on exact nature), you lose the right to sue for damages under civil law.