Daffodils $3.99 EACH in Wholefoods

Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:30 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Daffodils $3.99 EACH in Wholefoods

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Here's a gorgeous photo of children frolicking amongst the daffodils here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1965

PS: to the right of the article is a report about Posh & Becks planning to buy Meg Ryan's old mansion. Posh Spice is more like a Scary Spice, she is looking so emaciated.

great photo of the daffs tks and scary or what of beckham....
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:14 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

In the UK I always bought flowers fo the my home - usually only a fiver for 2 big bunches of carnations. I keep wanting to do so here but every time I see the price tag they go back in the bucket.
For one stem of lilies it was $16 and the smallest horrible bunch of withered carnations were $10.

Is it more expensive to grow flowers here or what
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru
In the UK I always bought flowers fo the my home - usually only a fiver for 2 big bunches of carnations. I keep wanting to do so here but every time I see the price tag they go back in the bucket.
For one stem of lilies it was $16 and the smallest horrible bunch of withered carnations were $10.

I really dont know why they are so expensive here, do you think it's because of those silk tacky one's having the monopoly
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:37 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Me too. I always had flowers in the house..loved them. Here, blech, too expensive to do on a regular basis.

Englishmum, I've just realized something. Your daffs are so expensive at Wholepaypack because they're ORGANIC....
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irn-bru

they just die to quickly because of all that lugging around in shite transportation...
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
they just die to quickly because of all that lugging around in shite transportation...
WERE talking about flowers. have u seen how much tomatoes cost here and taste like shite!!!! i am going to look in my book to order flowers and bushes for the garden ooops the YARD!!! the YARD reminds me of some dump belonging to the nastiest house on the estate. But its either that or nasty looking grass. And were not on a water meter hehehe.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
WERE talking about flowers. have u seen how much tomatoes cost here and taste like shite!!!! i am going to look in my book to order flowers and bushes for the garden ooops the YARD!!! the YARD reminds me of some dump belonging to the nastiest house on the estate. But its either that or nasty looking grass. And were not on a water meter hehehe.
there's a place near where the inlaws live that grow fab tomatoes, they use a dutch technique to mass grow them and there lovely...though they only ship them around New England, we get 'em at the local wholefoods.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 10:20 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
there's a place near where the inlaws live that grow fab tomatoes, they use a dutch technique to mass grow them and there lovely...though they only ship them around New England, we get 'em at the local wholefoods.
Our local Coop has some lovely heirloom tomatoes.

Bloody $$$$$$$$$$$ though...
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:32 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Our local Coop has some lovely heirloom tomatoes.

Bloody $$$$$$$$$$$ though...
... but have you ever tasted an heirloom tomato? Some of them taste unbelievable (as in delicious)!!!

I buy heirlooms, in season, at my local farm or farmers market. Roll on spring!

NC Penguin
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
... but have you ever tasted an heirloom tomato? Some of them taste unbelievable (as in delicious)!!!

I buy heirlooms, in season, at my local farm or farmers market. Roll on spring!

NC Penguin
You're preaching to the converted - they are indeed delicious!

Tried growing some myself but they died over the summer whilst I was in England. DH swears he watered them, but admits he forgot to talk to them...
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I called in at our local Wholefoods yesterday to buy some milk and you have to walk past the floral section.

I couldn't believe the price of the daffodils....a whopping $3.99 each or $10 for 3 daffs!
Geez, we are talking Whole Foods here, aren't we?