Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Old Dec 8th 2020, 11:05 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornavirus ... Have You Tested Positive or Negative?

Originally Posted by markonline1
Ha. I freak out at any medical procedure, so I’m sure I’ll build myself up into a right old state by the time I arrive for the test LOL
I'm the same way but the test was nowhere near as bad as has been made out. Not even close.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 11:35 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

2 cops at work have steered positive. I had contact with both, so getting tested Wednesday morning. Should get the result later that day. Can’t return to work until I get a negative result. Was hoping I’d be able to avoid getting a javelin sized swab rammed up my nose. I guess not.
Mine wasn't a giant size, more normal q tip size, for both my tests.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 4:52 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
I'm the same way but the test was nowhere near as bad as has been made out. Not even close.
I've heard that some of those test sites make you self administer the test. I don't think I'd be physically able to do that
Old Dec 8th 2020, 4:55 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I've heard that some of those test sites make you self administer the test. I don't think I'd be physically able to do that
Yeah, some of the drive thrus here do that. The one we went to had someone do it to/for us though. It was surprisingly less awful than expected.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 5:04 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, some of the drive thrus here do that. The one we went to had someone do it to/for us though. It was surprisingly less awful than expected.
That's the kind I'll go to. I can barely put in eye drops without wincing.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 5:22 pm

That's the kind I'll go to. I can barely put in eye drops without wincing.
The wait was the worst part of it to be honest.

Old Dec 8th 2020, 5:28 pm
I have a comma problem

The wait was the worst part of it to be honest.

Well, I have heard that it's the hardest part.

So far I continue to have avoided the need for a test but our doc actually said we can order tests through hisoffice too if we need it.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 5:31 pm

Well, I have heard that it's the hardest part.

So far I continue to have avoided the need for a test but our doc actually said we can order tests through hisoffice too if we need it.
I'm more scared (read terrified) of the shots.. (the needle.. not the actual vaccine), but they can hit me with it just as fast as I can get it. I'm seriously done with all this crap.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 5:39 pm
I have a comma problem

I'm more scared (read terrified) of the shots.. (the needle.. not the actual vaccine), but they can hit me with it just as fast as I can get it. I'm seriously done with all this crap.
I'm ok with needless, it's just the idea of performing the test on myself skeeves me out

I doubt I'll see a vaccine this side of summer but maybe my wife will because she works in a school.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

markonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond reputemarkonline1 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 8th 2020, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha. I freak out at any medical procedure, so I’m sure I’ll build myself up into a right old state by the time I arrive for the test LOL

If you have ever accidently gotten ocean water in your nose, that is how it felt for me. No pain though.

I'm ok with needless, it's just the idea of performing the test on myself skeeves me out

I doubt I'll see a vaccine this side of summer but maybe my wife will because she works in a school.

I wonder if their is an accuracy difference between a nurse/medical professional doing it vs self? Considering how deep they went up, I don't think there is anyway I could do it myself, the natural instinct is to pull back, I just don't think I'd be able to get it in as deeply as the nurse did.

Luckily 2nd around it was swish and gargle which well if you can swish and gargle mild saline solution is easy as eating pie.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 7:25 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If you have ever accidently gotten ocean water in your nose, that is how it felt for me. No pain though.
So unpleasant but not painful then?

I wonder if their is an accuracy difference between a nurse/medical professional doing it vs self? Considering how deep they went up, I don't think there is anyway I could do it myself, the natural instinct is to pull back, I just don't think I'd be able to get it in as deeply as the nurse did.
I'm sure there is, yeah. My natural instinct is not ri shove anything into my sinus at all so a nurse would be able to do it way better than I could!

Luckily 2nd around it was swish and gargle which well if you can swish and gargle mild saline solution is easy as eating pie.
This sounds much better.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

So unpleasant but not painful then?

I'm sure there is, yeah. My natural instinct is not ri shove anything into my sinus at all so a nurse would be able to do it way better than I could!

This sounds much better.

No pain for me at all, about 60 seconds of an unpleasant sea water up the nose feeling, by the time I walked from the exam room to the car, about 1 minute, felt completely normal like nothing happened.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 8:11 pm
I have a comma problem

No pain for me at all, about 60 seconds of an unpleasant sea water up the nose feeling, by the time I walked from the exam room to the car, about 1 minute, felt completely normal like nothing happened.
Yeah I always heard it's supposed to feel weird but not actually hurt.
Old Dec 8th 2020, 9:39 pm

Yeah I always heard it's supposed to feel weird but not actually hurt.
I felt practically nothing. Except stupid for allowing myself to get wound up over it. Total thing took less than 20 seconds and left me wondering what the fuss was about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.