Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Compulsory Summer Refreshment!

Compulsory Summer Refreshment!

Old Jun 4th 2010, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

bostonbound will become famous soon enough
Default Compulsory Summer Refreshment!

We have enjoyed many a lovely BBQ (or grill if you prefer) over the last few weeks but I just felt that something was missing. Today I found it in my local liquor store - Pimms!!!!!! Hooray! Now I just need to discover what it goes best with, Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist.......... Happy summer everyone!
Old Jun 4th 2010, 4:05 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Compulsory Summer Refreshment!

Originally Posted by bostonbound
We have enjoyed many a lovely BBQ (or grill if you prefer) over the last few weeks but I just felt that something was missing. Today I found it in my local liquor store - Pimms!!!!!! Hooray! Now I just need to discover what it goes best with, Mountain Dew or Sierra Mist.......... Happy summer everyone!
NOoooooo! You need Ginger Ale! Or proper English style lemonade (like Whites) if you can find it...

Plus a few slices of lemon, cucumber and perhaps apple to add to your jug of Pimms.

I've got my bottle here too, bought duty free at LHR...
Old Jun 4th 2010, 9:55 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

For summer BBQ inebriation, the Dewarita(TM) is hard to beat. Get a bucket with liddy thing, sling in a whole bottle of the cheapest tequila you can find and a 2L bottle of The Dew - and whack the bugger in the freezer overnight. Brill home-made Margaritas without paying for those expensive Margarita-mix jobbies. Although you might need to buy one just once, for the bucket...
Old Jun 5th 2010, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

We had Pimms at the weekend, made with Sprite. It did the trick...
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:15 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kins
We had Pimms at the weekend, made with Sprite. It did the trick...
I was thinking Sprite, too. It's about as close as you'll get to proper* lemonade over here.

* I'll concede that Yank lemonade is probably more authentic "alter-lemonade" than what we call lemonade, but you know what I mean.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 12:36 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

7up does the job....and thanks for reminding me to dig out the half bottle stuffed at the back of our fridge!
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:30 pm
Taunton, Somerset to PA

mikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud ofmikehope has much to be proud of

7up here also Dont forget the mint!