Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Compulsory Photo ID for Voting

Compulsory Photo ID for Voting

Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Compulsory Photo ID for Voting

I have no intention of doing a transcript. You have the link.

I mentioned some of the key aspects, text would lose the nuances anyway.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Oh he did not nail it, if it had been a Dimbleby or someone similar it would have been quite fascinating.

US Politicians do not allow themselves to be interviewed like that.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I have no intention of doing a transcript. You have the link.

I mentioned some of the key aspects, text would lose the nuances anyway.
I'm not asking for a transcript; I'm asking you to back up your assertion that he "nailed it" on Obamacare. You're very fond of throwing out one-liners, but when you get called on them to back them up, you do precisely what you do here. Quite honestly, you're frequently little more than a troll.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Oct 8th 2013 at 5:31 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:33 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

His conclusion was good and to the point.
He wants a single payer system. That's a lovely opinion, but it's not what is currently on the table and not likely to be implemented anytime soon. I don't see how his conclusion his helpful in dealing with the ACA or its implementation.

The software glitches are annoying and embarrassing for the moment, but they do nothing to change the nature of the program itself or its long-term viability.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly you are referring to the Healthcare Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure segment?

Regards, JEff
John Stewart tonight put it very succinctly.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I'm not asking for a transcript; I'm asking you to back up your assertion that he "nailed it" on Obamacare. You're very fond of throwing out one-liners, but when you get called on them to back them up, you do precisely what you do here. Quite honestly, you're frequently little more than a troll.
You said he nailed it, I never did.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

You said he nailed it, I never did.
I apologize, I misquoted you. You said "John Stewart tonight put it very succinctly". Of course, that makes absolutely no difference to my assertion that your failure to back up one-line assertions such as this frequently makes you little more than a troll.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
I apologize, I misquoted you. You said "John Stewart tonight put it very succinctly". Of course, that makes absolutely no difference to my assertion that your failure to back up one-line assertions such as this frequently makes you little more than a troll.
I referenced it, but no I am not going to go through his script line by line.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I referenced it, but no I am not going to go through his script line by line.
..something I never asked you to do, of course.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:52 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Jon Stewart thinks that the websites should be working properly.

I doubt that anyone who supports the healthcare law would disagree with that position.

However, the websites aren't central to the healthcare law. If my insurer's website crashes, that does not result in a cancellation of my policy or a change in coverage. In the scheme of things, the issues with the websites are not that big of a deal.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
Jon Stewart thinks that the websites should be working properly.

I doubt that anyone who supports the healthcare law would disagree with that position.

However, the websites aren't central to the healthcare law. If my insurer's website crashes, that does not result in a cancellation of my policy or a change in coverage. In the scheme of things, the issues with the websites are not that big of a deal.
Currently, it could be if that clause is in the fine print of your policy.