Citizenship

Old May 26th 2015, 6:28 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship

Originally Posted by Hotscot
We filled the Staples Centre in downtown LA. Thousands.

And they bloody got the wrong gender on my certificate. Morons!
It was probably that skirt you insist on wearing.
Old May 26th 2015, 6:30 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

And they bloody got the wrong gender on my certificate. Morons!
It's the kilt . . . .

Edit: LOL -- beat me to it, Pulaski!
Old May 26th 2015, 11:01 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

But how does that work, how did they give out the certificates? If you were going up on a stage like I did it would have taken ages.
Old May 26th 2015, 11:09 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway when I was in Phoenix once on the news they showed a naturalization ceremony at the USCIS building, which is a former supermarket near the airport. So basically - you're doing it in the stockroom of a supermarket.

Heavy ironic symbolism that immigrants were taking a citizenship oath in the stockroom of a supermarket, lost on everyone else it seems.
Old May 26th 2015, 11:24 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
But how does that work, how did they give out the certificates? If you were going up on a stage like I did it would have taken ages.
We did the ceremony and oath in a large hall, then went out afterwards and collected the documentation from desks outside. It was all a bit like "school supply" day at the beginning of the semester to be honest.....
Old May 26th 2015, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway when I was in Phoenix once on the news they showed a naturalization ceremony at the USCIS building, which is a former supermarket near the airport. So basically - you're doing it in the stockroom of a supermarket.

Heavy ironic symbolism that immigrants were taking a citizenship oath in the stockroom of a supermarket, lost on everyone else it seems.
That must have been a special ceremony for some purpose. Mine was in the Sandra Day O'Connor US District court building downtown as are most of the ceremonies.
Old May 26th 2015, 11:44 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Yeah but when did you do it, I think they only moved into that building in 2010. I don't think they do them all there but they definitely do them there sometimes.
Old May 26th 2015, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but when did you do it, I think they only moved into that building in 2010. I don't think they do them all there but they definitely do them there sometimes.
I had my interview/citizenship test in that supermarket in 2011. The schedule on the website for the district court still lists them doing the ceremonies at the court.

http://www.azd.uscourts.gov/clerk/na...on-information

Last edited by sir_eccles; May 26th 2015 at 6:21 pm.
Old May 28th 2015, 12:06 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Well all I can say is I definitely sat and watched a naturalization ceremony on TV3 and it was in the stock room of that supermarket. It wasn't a regular one, I think it was Veteran's Day.
Old Jun 1st 2015, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

london_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond reputelondon_calling has a reputation beyond repute

I did my naturalization ceremony at Lake Minnewanka
Old Jun 1st 2015, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It should be in the parking lot at Wallmart. Fitting symbolism.
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 10:21 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by london_calling
I have noticed that pretty much all of the people taking their picture in front of the sign at the lake appear to be British.