Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Chip + PIN in the US! I used it!

Chip + PIN in the US! I used it!

Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:08 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chip + PIN in the US! I used it!

Originally Posted by mrken30
The US hates regulation or being told what to do. Even if it's in their own best interest.
I wonder where they inherited that trait from? ..... There is a referendum in the UK in a few days for exactly that reason.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree
Old Jun 14th 2016, 12:26 am
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Yeh, my irony meter was off the dial on those two posts...

Meanwhile, back on subject, here's an interesting statistic. 65% of UK counterfeit credit card fraud originates in the US:

"The big problem with the US not adopting EMV is that foreign banks hate it. Since the US is the only major economy to not use EMV, it's the major source of skimming fraud for non-US issued cards. For example, 65% of counterfeit fraud on UK issued cards originates across the pond. If I were a British bank, I'd be lobbying for Royal Navy gunboats to take care of the yanks."

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-USA...d-not-chip-pin
First of all there isn't enough of a royal Navy left to try it with and second of all you guys already tried a couple times and failed miserably
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katzgar
First of all there isn't enough of a royal Navy left to try it with and second of all you guys already tried a couple times and failed miserably
2nd time the Brits won, by many reckonings...
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:07 am
Banned

katzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond reputekatzgar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq
2nd time the Brits won, by many reckonings...
Only if you're drinking in a bar the Brits went home with their tail between their legs that's not winning and let's also talk about the difference between Dunkirk and Normandy. Don't push it man the Brits are past tense
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Only if you're drinking in a bar the Brits went home with their tail between their legs that's not winning and let's also talk about the difference between Dunkirk and Normandy. Don't push it man the Brits are past tense
Odd that you'd want to post on a British expat forum then.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:16 am
Banned

Odd that you'd want to post on a British expat forum then.
I agree the more time I spend here the more I learn how ignorant Brits are about the world around them
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I agree the more time I spend here the more I learn how ignorant Brits are about the world around them
Thanks for confirming you're essentially a troll.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:23 am
Banned

Thanks for confirming you're essentially a troll.
So that's the game you want to play well at least I ain't a Brit
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

So that's the game you want to play well at least I ain't a Brit
No games...but from your posts it does look very much like you are trolling. If you wish to stay around I suggest you dial it back little.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

No, they kept Canada, which was the prize.
The difference between Normandy and Dunkirk is about 200 miles IIRC.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 1:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No games...but from your posts it does look very much like you are trolling. If you wish to stay around I suggest you dial it back little.
So you wish to call truth and honesty trolling, figures
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:33 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

You're welcome to stay around because most Americans could learn a lot from even an ignorant Brit.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

So you wish to call truth and honesty trolling, figures
Hopefully contrary views are wil be allowed. It would be a shame if we only allowed conformist opinions.
Old Jun 14th 2016, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

The op seems to me a lot of fuss about nothing in particular.
Personally I don't give a sh**.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.