Cheapest CD's

Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

John Murray will become famous soon enoughJohn Murray will become famous soon enough
Default Cheapest CD's

What is the cheapest website for CD's?

I use www.cdwow.com for UK CD's (NOW or compilations of UK chart songs etc.)

CD's are about $15 with free shipping.

I was wondering if there are any better deals out there.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:17 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheapest CD's

Originally Posted by John Murray
What is the cheapest website for CD's?

I use www.cdwow.com for UK CD's (NOW or compilations of UK chart songs etc.)

CD's are about $15 with free shipping.

I was wondering if there are any better deals out there.
Oh, there's a fair few cheaper deals out there!

For new CDs, from a fairly limited catalogue, it's hard to beat YourMusic.com - it's a record club of sorts, where they will send you one CD every month. The difference from other clubs is that the CDs are ones that you choose in advance and add to your "want" list, they're $5.99 each, including shipping, and you can unsubscribe with a couple of clicks (yes, really - I've done it twice already).

Then there's always Amazon's used CDs. Search Amazon.com for the title you want, then check out the used selection. I've usually been able to get very good condition CDs for ~$6 including shipping.

Finally, there's the amazing LaLa.com, where you can trade CDs you don't want anymore, for CDs you do want, for $1.75 including shipping. I can't say enough good things about LaLa. I've traded >150 CDs so far, and have fine-tuned my CD collection better than I could have believed possible. I can try music I've never heard, and for $1.75 I can just trade the disk on if I don't like it. If you're interested in LaLa, drop me a PM and I can send you an invite that will give me a referral t-shirt, and you will get your first trade for free.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 11:20 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Oh, there's a fair few cheaper deals out there!

For new CDs, from a fairly limited catalogue, it's hard to beat YourMusic.com - it's a record club of sorts, where they will send you one CD every month. The difference from other clubs is that the CDs are ones that you choose in advance and add to your "want" list, they're $5.99 each, including shipping, and you can unsubscribe with a couple of clicks (yes, really - I've done it twice already).

Then there's always Amazon's used CDs. Search Amazon.com for the title you want, then check out the used selection. I've usually been able to get very good condition CDs for ~$6 including shipping.

Finally, there's the amazing LaLa.com, where you can trade CDs you don't want anymore, for CDs you do want, for $1.75 including shipping. I can't say enough good things about LaLa. I've traded >150 CDs so far, and have fine-tuned my CD collection better than I could have believed possible. I can try music I've never heard, and for $1.75 I can just trade the disk on if I don't like it. If you're interested in LaLa, drop me a PM and I can send you an invite that will give me a referral t-shirt, and you will get your first trade for free.

I agree 100% about Lala. I have managed to trade a lot of CD's I thought no one would ever want, plus get some that I want. Actually,this is a good way to get tunes for your iPod.
Old Sep 6th 2006, 4:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

that store24 or whatever, that I had a link to in the bargain dvd's thread a few days back, they weren't to bad either..tended to be better deals on the box set type releases though.
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:00 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sold on the lala thingy. It looks like a fab idea. But I'm having a moment? What happens to the case? It appears they send you a mini case to send the disk, do you send the outer case too? Yeh, I know it's a dumb question
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:17 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
I'm sold on the lala thingy. It looks like a fab idea. But I'm having a moment? What happens to the case? It appears they send you a mini case to send the disk, do you send the outer case too? Yeh, I know it's a dumb question
You keep the jewel case, to put CDs that you receive into. The shipping for a 10-cent plastic case is more than the case is worth!