Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Changes in your N-400 after u filed it.

Changes in your N-400 after u filed it.

Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

MarioK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changes in your N-400 after u filed it.

Ok guys, first I have to thank all the moderators in this forum, for the quick replies, I will be more than happy to participate and help others in this forum.

Now come the serious part...that I am more concerned...

After you file your N-400, and there are changes or things that happen during the process do I have to tell them?

1. After I filed the App, i got a ticket for Discon ( I think that means Disorderly Conduct) for doing something that I shouldn't have done, I was stuck in traffic, and I was running out of gas, so the traffic wasnt moving, I saw ppl trying to take the Exit -Ramp the wrong way , and followed them, we got pulled over by the cops,,,and we got this court date ( for blocking normal traffic flow) bad decision that i made... Now do I have to tell them about this, and show them all the courts info etc...

2. When I filed my app, I didn't put any traffick tickets that I had like 3-4 years ago, because I thought you need to put only tickets that are more than 500 $ or that if they are for Reckless Driving or DUI, I have none of that, just minor traffick tickets.

3. and the last thing, my license got suspended sometime ago, for not having insurance, I never got caught because I wasn't driving the car, just my brother didn't surrender the license plates while I was in college.

I dont know what to do in this point, My record now is clear, I only have to take care of that Court thing for discon.

Hope you guys could help.
Thank you

Last edited by MarioK; Mar 8th 2008 at 9:11 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes in your N-400 after u filed it.

Originally Posted by MarioK
Ok guys, first I have to thank all the moderators in this forum, for the quick replies, I will be more than happy to participate and help others in this forum.

Now come the serious part...that I am more concerned...

After you file your N-400, and there are changes or things that happen during the process do I have to tell them?

1. After I filed the App, i got a ticket for Discon ( I think that means Disorderly Conduct) for doing something that I shouldn't have done, I was stuck in traffic, and I was running out of gas, so the traffic wasnt move, i saw ppl trying to take the Exit -Ramp the wrong, and followed them, we got pulled over by the cops,,,and we got this court date ( for blocking normal traffic flow) bad decision that i made... Now do I have to tell them about this, and show them all the cours info etc...

2. When I filed my app, I didn't put any traffick tickets that I had like 3-4 years ago, because I thought you need to put only tickets that are more than 500 $ or that if they are for Reckless Driving or DUI, I have none of that, just minor traffick tickets.

3. and the last thing, my license got suspended sometime ago, for not having insurance, I never got caught because I wasn't driving the car, just my brother did surrender the license plates while I was in college.

I dont know what to do in this point, My record now is clear, I only have to take care of that Court thing for discon.

Hope you guys could help.
Thank you
Take all the info with you to your interview.

How do you mean your license was suspended but you never got caught because you weren't driving. Do you mean your driver's license?
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Take all the info with you to your interview.

How do you mean your license was suspended but you never got caught because you weren't driving. Do you mean your driver's license?
Ok. I didn't get a ticket for driving without insurance thats what I meant. I mean my driver license was supsended, because my brother didn't surrender the license plates, I lived in NJ at the time, and I had this old car under my name, I was waiting for the ppl to come and get the car, because I was going to donate it. In the mean time I didn't have insurance and the car was under my name, So while waiting for the ppl to come and pick it up, My brother didn't surrender the License Plates on time, so my License got supsended. Now is clear. I just didnt kno If I should have mentioned that on my App.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. I didn't get a ticket for driving without insurance thats what I meant. I mean my driver license was supsended, because my brother didn't surrender the license plates, I lived in NJ at the time, and I had this old car under my name, I was waiting for the ppl to come and get the car, because I was going to donate it. In the mean time I didn't have insurance and the car was under my name, So while waiting for the ppl to come and pick it up, My brother didn't surrender the License Plates on time, so my License got supsended. Now is clear. I just didnt kno If I should have mentioned that on my App.
I see. Again take all relevant details, letters etc with you to your interview.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

I see. Again take all relevant details, letters etc with you to your interview.
I will definetly take all my court papers, to the interview just in case. I am not sure if that section on Good Moral Characters, thats says "20. Have you ever received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation or been paroled?...does suspended include Driver License suspension??
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I will definetly take all my court papers, to the interview just in case. I am not sure if that section on Good Moral Characters, thats says "20. Have you ever received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation or been paroled?...does suspended include Driver License suspension??
I don't know...again hopefully someone will be along soon to advise you on that one.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

I don't know...again hopefully someone will be along soon to advise you on that one.
thank anyways, ill wait for the advisors
Old Mar 8th 2008, 11:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I will definetly take all my court papers, to the interview just in case.
At your interview, you are obligated to disclose the disorderly misconduct to the officer; you are obligated to disclose any speeding tickets; and you are obligated to disclose the license suspension. Be prepared to offer court documentation for each of these incidents.

... does suspended include Driver License suspension?
No!

Ian
Old Mar 9th 2008, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
At your interview, you are obligated to disclose the disorderly misconduct to the officer; you are obligated to disclose any speeding tickets; and you are obligated to disclose the license suspension. Be prepared to offer court documentation for each of these incidents.

No!

Ian
Ian thank you for your reply. I will definetly keep all the court papers, but, i dont have any record of my traffic tickets because they were minor ones. Dosen't it say on the N-400 guide that you should include only tickets that are related to Reckless Driving, DUI and 500 $ or more. I have none of that
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Dosen't it say on the N-400 guide that you should include only tickets that are related to Reckless Driving, DUI and 500 $ or more. I have none of that
Oh my... no... that's not what it says! You are specifically asked whether you have ever been "cited"... and a traffic ticket *is* a citation... so you must answer "yes" to that. However, if the fine is less than $500, you do not need to provide "documention" for those. So, you still have to cop to the offense, but you don't have to submit court documents though!

Okay... my bad... I said you had to provide documentation for all 3 things. You don't... just the other two!

Ian