Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The CBS Evenign News

The CBS Evenign News

Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:57 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The CBS Evenign News

Is anyone else finding it more than a little amusing, that a big deal is being made that the host of one of the evening news shows is a woman? Especially when they've been commonplace on the main news shows back home for decades.

And FWIW I absolutely loath Katie Couric, and think she's part of the reason who network news is the US is such a joke.

Got The bloody name wrong in the title. Bollocks!!!!!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

GaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud ofGaryK has much to be proud of
Default Re: The CBS Evenign News

I thought tonight's interview with Bush was cringeworthy. They clearly tried going for a trendy approach with the camera angles but I just thought it was weird and confusing.

I also didn't like the way Katie Couric seemed to emphasise (a few nights ago) that the news shouldn't be so much for inside-the-beltway people. As I am indeed inside the beltway I can't see why we should be discriminated against
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I find Katie Couric difficult to watch also....I hate that gummy smile.

I think Barbara Walters was the first woman to front the evening news...many decades ago.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 11:51 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

The News isn't the news here...........

it's just a bunch of topical stories bunched together on any given night.

whether it's a lad or lass presenting, it's pretty dire.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Any kittens rescued by firemen in your part of the world recently?
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
Haha....that's exactly what we get.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
Is anyone else finding it more than a little amusing, that a big deal is being made that the host of one of the evening news shows is a woman? Especially when they've been commonplace on the main news shows back home for decades.

And FWIW I absolutely loath Katie Couric, and think she's part of the reason who network news is the US is such a joke.

Got The bloody name wrong in the title. Bollocks!!!!!
omg i can't believe there is a thread about her, pls what is the big deal apart from her pay check that is
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:38 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TouristTrap

lol i laugh coz here every morning the 'news' consists of the shootings, houses burning down and an animal story

the big news here yesterday was 'that blair is going to finally name the day and step down' and that's true coz it was reported in the SUN...lol
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
The News isn't the news here...........

it's just a bunch of topical stories bunched together on any given night.

whether it's a lad or lass presenting, it's pretty dire.
You missed off the fact that all stories have to be spun depending on the political/religious/commercial leanings of the owners of the station
Old Sep 7th 2006, 12:53 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
You missed off the fact that all stories have to be spun depending on the political/religious/commercial leanings of the owners of the station
Well it's not just that either...........I saw on the daily show that there was this story aired around the country as a "news piece" about a new plant being opened which makes corn ethanol, and how it's going to be a viable fuel source in the future........

The woman reporter.............worked for the corn oil lobbyists in Washington.
Although it was a news piece and presented as such, it was nothing more than a political campaign for corn ethanol.

You can't trust dick here.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:52 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
You can't trust dick here.
Whereas the BBC, Guardian, Independent, Telegraph and Daily Mail are all completely bias free...

I do, however, completely agree that corn ethanol is a sham. Because it takes massive amounts of fossil fuel to produce corn ethanol, the subsidies actually help the oil industry just as much as than the corn industry. Also, sugar cane is far more efficient in the production of ethanol but has not received any subsidies.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 1:55 pm
@matthewb76

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Whereas the BBC, Guardian, Independent, Telegraph and Daily Mail are all completely bias free...
absolutely not. I think the BBC is excellent source of fact based news however.

Also, sugar cane is far more efficient in the production of ethanol but has not received any subsidies.
Agreed

and they don't have as good a lobbying group in DC.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:13 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take any of them (well, maybe not The Daily Mail) as a credible news source over just about any of the major US news sources (network news, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC).
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:36 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol i laugh coz here every morning the 'news' consists of the shootings, houses burning down and an animal story

the big news here yesterday was 'that blair is going to finally name the day and step down' and that's true coz it was reported in the SUN...lol

good gawd you've got the worlds biggest avatar! Have they upped the pixel size!??!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 3:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sarah
good gawd you've got the worlds biggest avatar! Have they upped the pixel size!??!
Yep its 90 x 90 now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.