Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Brown-nosing I should think.....either from his staff or his clients who want to continue keep his business.....

What kinds of gifts are you getting? Wine? Processed meats & cheeses? Candy?

We had an elaborate gift parcel sent to us once and all the stuff was revolting.....peppermint bark, loads of cinnamon flavoured candy type things in jars, American chocs (yuk).....in fact 95% of the contents went in the bin along with the photo cards LOL!

I get the impression that it's all a tax write off too.

LOL....yes elaborate gift parcels and not from clients. Received one on Saturday...a sleigh filled with candy. Maybe it's because he doesn't participate in the bloody Secret Santa farce.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 7:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have just received one of these cards in the mail to day...my heart hit the floor and I feel so bad. It's from the family of one of my daughter's high school friends...her friend Lisa died of cancer in 2005. Last year's card was of Lisa (just before she died...she looked terrible poor girl) with her two younger brothers...this year it's just the two boys.

Edit: I've just noticed...Lisa's name is on the card too.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 19th 2006 at 9:07 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2006, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
My God, you're a gloomy bunch...

Christmas decorations...pah! Bad for the environment.

Pictures of kids on Christmas cards...pah! Chuck them in the shredder.

Really in the Christmas spirit, aren't we!
No kidding. Jeeze, just accept them for what they are and get on with it!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nethead
Oh dear, well I hasve to confess we sent some photo cards of our two youngest to some friends and family, but that's 'cause they are super cute.

They are adorable
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:27 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

We have sent picture cards to Great grand parents in England...but never friends or other family....
Someone I've not talked to in years is now sending me picturecards of her kids...I had no idea she was even expecting one child let alone had two...so you can tell how long its been since we've talked...
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I have just received one of these cards in the mail to day...my heart hit the floor and I feel so bad. It's from the family of one of my daughter's high school friends...her friend Lisa died of cancer in 2005. Last year's card was of Lisa (just before she died...she looked terrible poor girl) with her two younger brothers...this year it's just the two boys.

Edit: I've just noticed...Lisa's name is on the card too.
what lisa's name is on this years card of the two boys
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=nethead]Oh dear, well I hasve to confess we sent some photo cards of our two youngest to some friends and family, but that's 'cause they are super cute.

Awwwww -- they are adorable! I have to confess I did the photo card thing for the first time this year! I usually do my own greeting cards, but couldn't be arsed with the little man keeping me up all night!
Attached Thumbnails Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids-picture-12-12-047.jpg  
Old Dec 20th 2006, 2:44 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

They are looking at the little one so adoringly.. what a beautiful pic..
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:00 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

looks like the little baby "away in the manger." he's gorgeous.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by TruBrit
what lisa's name is on this years card of the two boys

Yes...it says her name last...the boys are first...then mum and dad...then Lisa. I see it as an 'add on' in a way....showing she's not forgotten and will always be part of their family. Don't know if I would do the same...but there again I just don't know how I would carry on if the same happened to my daughter.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
No kidding. Jeeze, just accept them for what they are and get on with it!
A girl after my own heart. My daughter sent out her first photo card this year of our first grandchild/her first child and he is the most handsome boy. But at least she excused the good taste of only sending it to family and close personal friends and not to every sundry acquaintance in the world.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Brown-nosing I should think.....either from his staff or his clients who want to continue keep his business.....

What kinds of gifts are you getting? Wine? Processed meats & cheeses? Candy?

We had an elaborate gift parcel sent to us once and all the stuff was revolting.....peppermint bark, loads of cinnamon flavoured candy type things in jars, American chocs (yuk).....in fact 95% of the contents went in the bin along with the photo cards LOL!

I get the impression that it's all a tax write off too.
Bah Humbug ... I happen to prefer American Chocolate to European Chocolate. Never could figure out what all the raving was about with EC. And I love cinnamon flavored candy as well.

So there .... stick that in your bin
Old Dec 20th 2006, 3:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Rete
Bah Humbug ... I happen to prefer American Chocolate to European Chocolate. Never could figure out what all the raving was about with EC. And I love cinnamon flavored candy as well.

Cadbury's is preferable to any European chocolate IMHO. I love anything that tastes of cinnamon.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 4:52 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

Well what would you know?......you're an American!

Have you tried the Green & Black's organic chocolate from Italy? Or Lindt? Or Cadbury's? (no not the stuff made under licence from Hershey's but the choc made in Bournville, Birmingham, England)

What a pity we can't take you to a 'blind tasting' test! I reckon you would somehow prefer European chocolate...

Oh well, I'm off to NYC on Friday and I plan to go to City Bakery nr Union Square for a 'shot' of hot choc....I've never tasted anything so choclatey and sickly in my life LOL! I've given up on trying to get into Serendipity, the queues are far too long.
Old Dec 20th 2006, 6:03 pm
Concierge

Well what would you know?......you're an American!

Have you tried the Green & Black's organic chocolate from Italy? Or Lindt? Or Cadbury's? (no not the stuff made under licence from Hershey's but the choc made in Bournville, Birmingham, England)

What a pity we can't take you to a 'blind tasting' test! I reckon you would somehow prefer European chocolate...

Oh well, I'm off to NYC on Friday and I plan to go to City Bakery nr Union Square for a 'shot' of hot choc....I've never tasted anything so choclatey and sickly in my life LOL! I've given up on trying to get into Serendipity, the queues are far too long.
Not had the Italian Organic but have had the Cadbury and the Lindt. I have traveled some in Europe, i.e. Germany, Switzerland, etc. Can also buy the Cadbury made in England here in my city. It is imported for the Irish in the neighborhood. Can get all the English products you guys seem to miss.

I will admit to not liking Hersey Kisses but I love Dove Chocolate and not that fussy on Godiva although it isn't bad but not worth the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.