Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

I personally find these types of "cards" annoying.

I'm talking about the type of card that's not actually a card, just a photograph of the senders' kids.

We get about 6-10 of these a year, some even throw in a "roundtable" letter.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:01 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cards w/ Pictures of the Kids

Originally Posted by Zoot

I'm talking about the type of card that's not actually a card, just a photograph of the senders' kids.

got another one yesterday...a colleague of hubs with his wife and three kids wtf
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Suomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to behold

We send out photos of the kids every year which insert into a Christmas card. I find it better to send those as they are more original than the same stupoid card every year, would you like to have one? At least I don't send pictures of my pets wearing Christmas hats.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:57 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

LOL yep we get them too. We send Christmas cards with photos inserted on the front to our parents in the UK...that's only 'cos we are so far away.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:58 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suomi Sisu
We send out photos of the kids every year which insert into a Christmas card. I find it better to send those as they are more original than the same stupoid card every year, would you like to have one? At least I don't send pictures of my pets wearing Christmas hats.
Yesterday we got a Christmas card from my wife's grandmother. She always uses those cards which are pre printed with the sender's name/s printed inside - in this case "Merry Christmas from Don and Edna". Trouble is old Don departed this earth six years ago and she's still sending them out - with a Christmas-themed sticker akwardly placed over her late husband's name, but you can still clearly see through it.

Apparently the standard excuse for this kind of thing is "she's getting on a bit and don't forget she was raised in the mid west during the great depression".
Old Dec 18th 2006, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Bit stupoid
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:00 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Yesterday we got a Christmas card from my wife's grandmother. She always uses those cards which are pre printed with the sender's name/s printed inside - in this case "Merry Christmas from Don and Edna". Trouble is old Don departed this earth six years ago and she's still sending them out - with a Christmas-themed sticker akwardly placed over her late husband's name, but you can still clearly see through it.

Apparently the standard excuse for this kind of thing is "she's getting on a bit and don't forget she was raised in the mid west during the great depression".
She could at least dig Don up and take a quick snap of him, which could be enclosed with the card.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:02 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
Bit stupoid
But not as bad as posting pics of horrible dresses
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:10 am
Banned

Use the spell check next time, or post in Finnish. I'm sure Sally can proof read that
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:13 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman

What about "it's the thought that counts"?

NC Penguin
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Zoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of lightZoot is a glorious beacon of light

Merry Christmas!

Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Suomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to beholdSuomi Sisu is a splendid one to behold

Merry Christmas!

Do you have ugly children because you send pictures of a pet
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Do you have ugly children because you send pictures of a pet
You'r a great double act
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally
You'r a great double act
You're
Old Dec 18th 2006, 2:29 am
Account Closed

Too funny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.