Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Can I use Forever stamps on international letters?

Can I use Forever stamps on international letters?

Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:57 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

weazie will become famous soon enoughweazie will become famous soon enough
Default Can I use Forever stamps on international letters?

I've just got my brothers birthday card returned for insufficient postage. I think its because it had a 90 cent airmail stamp on it and the postage for cards/letters has increased to 94 cents.

Anyway, if I add a forever stamp on the card, will they accept it. I'm trying to avoid an hour wait in the post office.

Thank you
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:03 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I use Forever stamps on international letters?

Originally Posted by weazie
Anyway, if I add a forever stamp on the card, will they accept it. I'm trying to avoid an hour wait in the post office.
Dunno whether the forever stamps will work but I do know never to go to the post office -- the UPS store does all the same stuff without the wait.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:13 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Dunno whether the forever stamps will work but I do know never to go to the post office -- the UPS store does all the same stuff without the wait.
Its especially annoying when an old lady wants to look at the whole portfolio of USPS stamps to determine what design she would like to purchase.

I havent tried UPS, I always thought they would be more expensive.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Its especially annoying when an old lady wants to look at the whole portfolio of USPS stamps to determine what design she would like to purchase.

I havent tried UPS, I always thought they would be more expensive.
They do regular USPS stuff, too. At the same price.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Or you could try one of the automatic kiosks that most post offices seem to have now and which have a completely brain-dead user interface which does a remarkably good job of simulating the level of frustration that you get when dealing with a real live postal employee.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:34 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by md95065
Or you could try one of the automatic kiosks that most post offices seem to have now and which have a completely brain-dead user interface which does a remarkably good job of simulating the level of frustration that you get when dealing with a real live postal employee.
Ain't that the truth!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I've just got my brothers birthday card returned for insufficient postage. I think its because it had a 90 cent airmail stamp on it and the postage for cards/letters has increased to 94 cents.

Thank you
I wack on 3 Forever stamp's to the UK, work's for me
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you

Yes that should do it. I never use airmail stamps when sending to Canada only use the forever stamps.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:24 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Forehead, bum or back of the neck?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:57 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

Originally Posted by britvic
Thanks for the info - I'm going to be doing that in the future! Don't know about the stuff you send to the UK, but for me it takes ages for stuff to get there. It took a full fortnight for my dad to get his fathers day card.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info - I'm going to be doing that in the future! Don't know about the stuff you send to the UK, but for me it takes ages for stuff to get there. It took a full fortnight for my dad to get his fathers day card.
When I send the usual sized Birthday card I always put on four stamps just to be on the safe side. Yeah some times my mail to the UK gets there in 5 day's, but it has been known to take well over a week :curse: I cant be doing with waiting at a post office.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:19 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I use forever stamps all the time when I mail to the UK
Old Jun 29th 2008, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I'd say almost every card we've sent to my in-laws arrives in about 5-6 days..never had one take 2 weeks before! Was that at a time when the Royal Mail was on strike by any chance?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:08 am
The destruct-a-bunny

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Wow! I'd say almost every card we've sent to my in-laws arrives in about 5-6 days..never had one take 2 weeks before! Was that at a time when the Royal Mail was on strike by any chance?
Thats a possibility. I joke that the USPS are watching me and check every bit of my ingoing and outgoing mail. It takes me a longtime to recieve stuff as well as send stuff.