Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Cadbury's Digestives

Wikiposts

Cadbury's Digestives

Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cadbury's Digestives

Originally Posted by willmore
But are they actually from the UK, or the crap chocolate made in canada or the states?
You have to check the wrapper....some is made in Canada and some in the UK. The chocolate I bought today from Loblaws is made in T.O...at least it's nicer than the stuff made in the US.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You have to check the wrapper....some is made in Canada and some in the UK. The chocolate I bought today from Loblaws is made in T.O...at least it's nicer than the stuff made in the US.
Yea, but its still terrible compared to the Uk chocolate.

Anyway, must run, my chocolate hobnobs and tea are calling my name. Now I can eat them in peace with everyone gone for hockey.

Nite ladies, been a pleasure! Take care.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:06 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm.... after my fishcake and chips at A Salt and Battery last weekend I went straight next door and bought a Double Decker. Thought I was going to puke on the pavement (but in a good way).
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

A Salt and Battery - another reason to go to NYC. Although we have more than our fair share of decent F&C round here.
Cadbury's Digestives - do you mean McVities or did Cadbury's start making them in the days since I left in 1999 (very possible)? I can get the McVities ones here in my local supermarkets (for $6!), and there is a little town about 10 miles away with TWO British stores. I am SO lucky.
We also have Creme Eggs and Mini Eggs in our local stores. The 'Holiday' Creme Eggs they brought out for Christmas were imported from the UK but the Easter ones are made here. The difference is incredible!
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:46 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chicagojlo
Cadbury's Digestives - do you mean McVities or did Cadbury's start making them in the days since I left in 1999 (very possible)? I can get the McVities ones here in my local supermarkets (for $6!), and there is a little town about 10 miles away with TWO British stores. I am SO lucky.
While I don't remember Cadbury's Digestives prior to leaving the UK 3 years ago I came across them (figuratively and - almost - literally) in a cheapy chain called Ocean State Job Lot sometime last year for $1 a go. And they were made in the UK! Needless to say I have never bought as many packets of chocolate biscuits on one day in my entire life.

They didn't survive for long in my house.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

McVitie's digestives...whether plain or chocolate covered. Cadbury's for chocolate bars.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
While I don't remember Cadbury's Digestives prior to leaving the UK 3 years ago I came across them (figuratively and - almost - literally) in a cheapy chain called Ocean State Job Lot sometime last year for $1 a go. And they were made in the UK! Needless to say I have never bought as many packets of chocolate biscuits on one day in my entire life.

They didn't survive for long in my house.
Not sure I could bring myself to betray my McVities like that. Plus I only like the dark choc ones and I doubt Cadburys is doing them in dark.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 1:59 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god I love Topics, Double Deckers and Maltesers..

My favourite biccies have always been chocolate covered hob nobs and the milk ones (can't remember the name) and

Looks like I'll just have to go to World Market and stock up with whatever they have...
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I caved in and purchased a pack of Cadbury's Digestives this morning.

They were made in the UK for Cadbury by Burton's Foods.

Should I just have eaten it straight from the package or have dunked it in my tea? I was rather unsweet and plain to my taste buds but can see that they might be good with a sip of sweet tea (hot).

And what about those Joffa cakes? Are they any good? Should I try them next?
Urgh....I don't like Jaffa cakes, but then I don't like chocolate and orange. Digestives are good dunked in tea and wonderful if you're making a cheese cake and you need a good base.