Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Bugger me, but I'm almost employed.

Bugger me, but I'm almost employed.

Old Jun 1st 2006, 9:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugger me, but I'm almost employed.

Originally Posted by snowbunny
There was a German sportswriter (first name: Jorg) on NPR coupla nights ago who said that Brazil wouldn't win it (because they're the favourites) and that "England has the best team in a century."

Is this some kind of German hex?
Maybe he's just miserable because Germany didn't play so hot in the friendly against Japan *lol*
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup, I got offered the job in Mass...I won't formally get the offer in writing till Friday because apparently they are signing this franchise deal tomorrow and can't officially be getting anything on the till till afterwards.

I'll start as soon as we find a place, well after the missus has given her two weeks notice, she wants her monthly incentive, don't blame her....and if we can't find a place quickly, they'll sort it so I get paid full time and telecommute, working half time till we sort a place out.

For me, the best bit, well apart from the job, I get 21 days paid holiday from day one and I get paid public holidays on top, plus 8 sicko days before having to get a docs note....medicals all paid up an all...oh and there going to pony up the money we'll lose on the deposit on this place for not giving a months notice and they'll stump for a deposit on a new place and pay for professional movers, and apparently I get a sign on bonus, but that and final salary will be finalised on Friday, though I'm getting at least 3K more than was on offer when I interviewed with them over the new year.

So checked out more towns in the area while we were there...really liked Sudbury, and from what we saw of Marlborough, which wasn't much, thought that was a bit of a hieve, better than Lawrence, but then Lawrence is about as much fun as the clap in a tarts boudoir.

Looking at more info on Brighton, Allston? Summerville, Newton, Watertown, Arlington and Waltham, so if anyone has the low down, that'll be appreciated.

And also thanks for all the input in the other threads guys, much appreciated
Fabulous news! I am so pleased for you Bob.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Congratulations bob and well done. Im so pleased for you! It couldnt happen to a nicer fellow.

Just make sure you're around when I need help with my Mac!

karma sent!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 1:38 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore

Just make sure you're around when I need help with my Mac!
oh 'eck

cheers though
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:14 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yup, I got offered the job in Mass...I won't formally get the offer in writing till Friday because apparently they are signing this franchise deal tomorrow and can't officially be getting anything on the till till afterwards.

I'll start as soon as we find a place, well after the missus has given her two weeks notice, she wants her monthly incentive, don't blame her....and if we can't find a place quickly, they'll sort it so I get paid full time and telecommute, working half time till we sort a place out.

For me, the best bit, well apart from the job, I get 21 days paid holiday from day one and I get paid public holidays on top, plus 8 sicko days before having to get a docs note....medicals all paid up an all...oh and there going to pony up the money we'll lose on the deposit on this place for not giving a months notice and they'll stump for a deposit on a new place and pay for professional movers, and apparently I get a sign on bonus, but that and final salary will be finalised on Friday, though I'm getting at least 3K more than was on offer when I interviewed with them over the new year.

So checked out more towns in the area while we were there...really liked Sudbury, and from what we saw of Marlborough, which wasn't much, thought that was a bit of a hieve, better than Lawrence, but then Lawrence is about as much fun as the clap in a tarts boudoir.

Looking at more info on Brighton, Allston? Summerville, Newton, Watertown, Arlington and Waltham, so if anyone has the low down, that'll be appreciated.

And also thanks for all the input in the other threads guys, much appreciated
holy moley...that's awesome Bob!!!!

just thought I'd give this place a quick peek and couldn't pass up a thread like this lol

sounds fantastic..really worth the wait and to top it all off it gets you out of that hamlet you're currently residing in congrats again looks like things are definitly on the up and up ...
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 7:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
holy moley...that's awesome Bob!!!!

just thought I'd give this place a quick peek and couldn't pass up a thread like this lol

sounds fantastic..really worth the wait and to top it all off it gets you out of that hamlet you're currently residing in congrats again looks like things are definitly on the up and up ...
Aye, cheers

And how you doing? not seen much of you around lately...