Budweiser

Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:06 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Budweiser

Originally Posted by rushman
OK, so what about the "King of Beers" tag then? Both want to claim that for their own but how the hell can anyone justifiable call A/B Budweiser a "King of Beers"? Is more like "The dirty, illiterate little stable boy with a little bit of horse shit on his finger of Beers"
Its not that good.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:10 am
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Q: What Do American Beer And Making Love In A Canoe Have In Common?

A: They're Both F***ing Close To Water

Many Thanks To Eric Idle For That One!!!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:11 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing is that even half a bottle of american beer will make me violently sick. It even put me off from drinking for a while. When I went back to the UK in March I decided to try a pint, or two, or three,..... of Stella and other than the expected effects everything is fine. Someone said it might be because of it being rice based.

Finally managed to find Stella for sale in my local Kroger
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dan_alford
The funny thing is that even half a bottle of american beer will make me violently sick. It even put me off from drinking for a while. When I went back to the UK in March I decided to try a pint, or two, or three,..... of Stella and other than the expected effects everything is fine. Someone said it might be because of it being rice based.

Finally managed to find Stella for sale in my local Kroger
Have you tried Sam Adams? Some of it is actually ok and its brewed from German hops allegedly.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:51 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Have you tried Sam Adams? Some of it is actually ok and its brewed from German hops allegedly.
Haven't tried that one. With the reactions I get to american beers I tend to avoid anything brewed on this continent.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't tried that one. With the reactions I get to american beers I tend to avoid anything brewed on this continent.
Doubt it's because of the rice, there are very few commercial brews that actually use it. Mainly the big 3 brands and the occasional craft brewery. If it was craft beer you had, it would more likely be the yeast as more often than not, they don't filter. There is actually more choice of good beer here than England and more creative brewers, so much so that the craft industry is growing at a huge rate while the big boys are loosing market share. Not saying it's better, just more choice.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

When we lived in England my husband used to drive over to Czech Republic for meetings and would bring back boxes of Budvar. It tastes much better than the Budvar you can buy from the supermarkets in England.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
When we lived in England my husband used to drive over to Czech Republic for meetings and would bring back boxes of Budvar. It tastes much better than the Budvar you can buy from the supermarkets in England.
It's all in the water I expect.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:24 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Is more like "The dirty, illiterate little stable boy with a little bit of horse shit on his finger of Beers"
I'd be all in favo(u)r of that, but it might be a bit difficult for a slogan that long to fit on the side of a can...

Oh, I've got it -- they can Supersize it. (Extra tagline: "More beer, but without any of that nasty beer taste.")
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:37 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

You need to realize that the major brewers in the US (Anheuser-Busch, Miller, Coors, etc.) are behemoths that survived the wreckage of Prohibition. Prohibition wiped out virtually all of the US brewing industry, leaving the few survivors that remained to develop industrialized fast-brewing techniques that emphasized quantity at a low price over quality, making them cheap enough to lock out the competition for many decades.

So it took a long time for the craft brewers to return, but they are now back and have found a place in the market, albeit a small one. If you like bitter, I'd particularly recommend Red Hook, although it is difficult to find outside of the Northwest. You might also like Pete's Wicked Ale, Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada, while Arrogant Bastard and Pyramid are pretty good. They cost more, of course, but they're worth it.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Red Hook is partnered with Anheuser-Busch and is pretty much distributed over the entire country. They also brew it in New Hampshire as well as Washington.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 3:44 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RoadWarriorFromLP
You need to realize that the major brewers in the US (Anheuser-Busch, Miller, Coors, etc.) are behemoths that survived the wreckage of Prohibition. Prohibition wiped out virtually all of the US brewing industry, leaving the few survivors that remained to develop industrialized fast-brewing techniques that emphasized quantity at a low price over quality, making them cheap enough to lock out the competition for many decades.

So it took a long time for the craft brewers to return, but they are now back and have found a place in the market, albeit a small one. If you like bitter, I'd particularly recommend Red Hook, although it is difficult to find outside of the Northwest. You might also like Pete's Wicked Ale, Anchor Steam and Sierra Nevada, while Arrogant Bastard and Pyramid are pretty good. They cost more, of course, but they're worth it.
Red Hook is available in Fort Myers, FL. Their IPA is excellent.

Mind you, it seems that since we got a "Total Wine" there are an almost limitless array of rare beers available. I have recently bought "Old Engine Oil", "Wee Heavy" and "Skullsplitter".

God knows what the economics are in shipping beer in bottles from the Orkneys to Fort Myers.

We now have "Fraoch" heather ale in Cru, our best restaurant. An excellent drink it is too.

http://www.heatherale.co.uk/

Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe

Mind you, it seems that since we got a "Total Wine" there are an almost limitless array of rare beers available. I have recently bought "Old Engine Oil", "Wee Heavy" and "Skullsplitter".
i've seen most of those around here at the local coop, but it's so expensive that I can't be bothered...do rather like the local stuff from the bar harbor brewing place, the lobster beer ain't bad, nor the blueberry stuff if you like it a bit sweet.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:41 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
Red Hook is available in Fort Myers, FL. Their IPA is excellent.

Big Cheer for Total Wine

Nice scotch collection there too, so I've been told, not that I've been ogling it at all
Old Jul 8th 2006, 5:14 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

A neighbor of mine has liver disease and was told to stop drinking for several months, then, when his conditon was fully investigated, he was told he could have a beer occasionally. ...... BUT it couldn't be any mass produced American beer - no Bud, no Coors, no Miller, etc, etc,. The reason is that, in order to make the volumes that they sell of these beers, they put some chemical in it to accelerate the fermentation process. Whatever that chemical is, it is no good for your liver.

No only is Sam Adams a more than half decent beer, there are an increasing number of micro-brews around and reasonably widely distributed (i.e. in chain groceries and regular wine and beer stores), AND there are plenty of imported beers available too (and no, I don't mean Guiness, Fosters, and Saporo, plus about twenty others brewes under licence and "imported" from Canada. )