Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

beep bleep bleepin bloody bleep

beep bleep bleepin bloody bleep

Old Mar 31st 2007, 2:19 pm
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: beep bleep bleepin bloody bleep

Originally Posted by Texas Mom
We watched an old South Bank South we came across last night. They had Billy Connelly on and it was unwatchable due to editing of his cursing, which is extremely frequent. But all the same we missed half the gags due to it.

Also caught a bit of Braveheart not so long ago and the editing was particularly awful, they had dubbed out Scottish men swearing and replaced it with American accents filling in the gaps!

The watershed in the UK was a good thing, though not when I was younger and I would get "right time you were in your bed"!!!
In fact - thank you texas mom ha ha - ner ner na ner ner the lot of ya, I am vindicated in my rant!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2007, 4:11 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Our cable bleeps out plenty...even saw them put the blurry baloon over a plumbers butt crack one day on a show.

I feel protected, I feel safe. I thank the Kristian Kooks for making sure I dont have to endure shuch words as shit, fuck, and cunt.
I feel so safe, I wish they would all go to Saudi Arabia and help save the people there.
Even showtime and cineplex etc?

* and remember its 9am for me and before the watershed so can I not endure those words especially the last one

Last edited by Irn-bru; Mar 31st 2007 at 4:14 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 2:57 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

I have often been annoyed with the constant bleeping, too -- or when they dub over the profanities, changing "Give me the f***ing gun!" to "Give me the flipping gun!"

I mean, really. AS IF WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE REALLY SAYING.

Even worse is when the dubbing was done a long time ago over words that are no longer considered as rude as they once were. Ever try watching "The Breakfast Club" on TV? They dub words like "damn" to "dang," "bitch" to "witch," "hell" to "heck" and that kind of thing. Totally ruins an otherwise excellent film.

Still, like someone said, there's always Netflix...

~ Jenney
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
I have often been annoyed with the constant bleeping, too -- or when they dub over the profanities, changing "Give me the f***ing gun!" to "Give me the flipping gun!"

I mean, really. AS IF WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE REALLY SAYING.

Even worse is when the dubbing was done a long time ago over words that are no longer considered as rude as they once were. Ever try watching "The Breakfast Club" on TV? They dub words like "damn" to "dang," "bitch" to "witch," "hell" to "heck" and that kind of thing. Totally ruins an otherwise excellent film.

Still, like someone said, there's always Netflix...

~ Jenney
Cable is just as bad as public TV re censorship. And I resent paying for Netflix when I already pay through the nose for 100 channels of crap. If they'd let me pay for just 4 or 5 good channels I'd be happy. Instead you have to pay for the 100 crap and then more $$ if you want a few decent channels.

Oh not just swearing either. Heaven forbid they show a woman's boob!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by danfan
Cable is just as bad as public TV re censorship. And I resent paying for Netflix when I already pay through the nose for 100 channels of crap. If they'd let me pay for just 4 or 5 good channels I'd be happy. Instead you have to pay for the 100 crap and then more $$ if you want a few decent channels.

I agree with you, just keep netflix and cancel your cable TV. I haven't watched TV in months. Honestly, what would you be missing??
Old Apr 1st 2007, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
I agree with you, just keep netflix and cancel your cable TV. I haven't watched TV in months. Honestly, what would you be missing??
True, I only watch about 3 programs I do like (and they all have Brits LOL)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:09 am
Bugger Off!

Silly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Sod has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, and womens boobs are some of my favourite things Lets have more boobs on TV!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

gsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond reputegsnichol has a reputation beyond repute

For films you can rent the DVD for the uncensored version but you can't for television programmes.. Someone mentioned Billy Connolly and all the 'silence' - the same is true on BBC America when showing e.g. recently Eddie Izzard or No Angels. Even after midnight all the language is muted out, which makes it frustrating to watch EVEN THOUGH we all know what they're saying. I would have thought with all the parental control things you have on digital cable and satellite boxes then they should just broadcast things uncensored and let the viewer decide.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:03 pm
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

No boobs or bad language but plenty of adverts for penile erectile dysfunction (have I spelled that right?) Try explaining those to a 10 year old when they pop up (pun intended) in the middle of some kids programme.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Texas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond reputeTexas Mom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
No boobs or bad language but plenty of adverts for penile erectile dysfunction (have I spelled that right?) Try explaining those to a 10 year old when they pop up (pun intended) in the middle of some kids programme.
Yeah and the one for KY Jelly! Don't fancy telling my son no you can't have that kind with your ice cream!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:31 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah and the one for KY Jelly! Don't fancy telling my son no you can't have that kind with your ice cream!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

It seems some of you need to get HBO.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:31 pm
Bugger Off!

Originally Posted by jumping doris
I think I may have even ranted about this in the past. The other night at tea time it was an ad for male enhancement, lots of hard wood flooring in the background so it took me a while before I realised it was for making ones nob bigger rather than advertising DIY. Our 8 year old was eating her tea. It is baffling.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
It seems some of you need to get HBO.
how much does that set you back?

cable we had cost about 90$ iirc, but that was pushing 2 years back now, and everything was censored.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 12:36 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the time my then 12 year old came home from school and, as I was happily stirring the pasta sauce, asked "What's oral sex?"

My answer "It's when you talk about sex"

Another one... the same child but then only 7or 8 year old "What's a lesbian?"
Answer...."Someone in Greek mythology who lived on the Isle of Lesbos"
She is off to college soon and we can talk about anything and we laugh about those answers now but at the time I just felt she was too young to have the truth.

All my children are girls and when they reached the age of wanting to read Cosmo Girl I decided that they could but so would I and they had to be prepared to discuss any of the articles with me. Occasionally I did do it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.