To bee.....or what?

Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

julii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nicejulii2020 is just really nice
Default Re: To bee.....or what?

Living in upstate New York I had a cecropia moth fly into me - harmless but scared the living daylights out of me - they're 6 inches across.

Here's a picture of one. They're quite beautiful if they aren't flapping about in your face.

http://www.pikespeakphoto.com/cecropia.html
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julii2020
Living in upstate New York I had a cecropia moth fly into me - harmless but scared the living daylights out of me - they're 6 inches across.

Here's a picture of one. They're quite beautiful if they aren't flapping about in your face.

http://www.pikespeakphoto.com/cecropia.html
I sometimes see butterflies the size of a small bird in NJ.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:04 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
I got a tick bite the first spring we were here while walking in the woods. The docs got it off within 24 hours which i think is the cut off point for contracting lyme disesae. It was the most vile thing ever. It didnt hurt but having a tick sticking out of your skin is like some grim scene from Alien. I went into a total apoplectic fit, OH says I over reacted. Huh, welll it wasnt on him now was it???

Ticks are a daily thing where we live. We are so used to them, the kids just pull them off themselves and flush 'em without even mentioning it. It's not uncommon to brush several off after being outside for even a short period of time. We check ourselves pretty often so it's not very often that one actually latches on, probably two or three times a week. "Seed" ticks are whats difficult. They are tiny, like grains of ground pepper. They usually are in a nest and if you bump into it, hundreds jump on you. You can feel them crawling on you but can barely see them. They are so small that you can't even grasp them to pull them off, you have to scrape them with a dull blade, or if you see a batch on your clothes, burn the lot of them with a cig lighter.
After you scrape them off, they leave tiny red bumps that itch for days. Ticks are annoying, but I'll take them over "Chiggers" any day. Their bites itch so terribly that I have seriously thought of touching hot metal to the bite as it would feel better. I usually use the scalding water treatment or douse them with rubbing alcohol or ammonia. The intense sting of the treatment takes way the itch and provides relief for several hours.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Ticks are a daily thing where we live. We are so used to them, the kids just pull them off themselves and flush 'em without even mentioning it.
It's just a bit annoying to have to remember to do tick checks whenever we come in from the garden. My kids aren't old enough to do it themselves, and my one daughter has twice had chunky adult ticks in her hair - there's just that worry that one time you won't detect them for a few days, especially the juvenile (nymph) stage, with the danger they then transfer lyme disease.

As for bad bites - deer flies are bastards.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Same here they are lovely though.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Ticks are a daily thing where we live. We are so used to them, the kids just pull them off themselves and flush 'em without even mentioning it. It's not uncommon to brush several off after being outside for even a short period of time. We check ourselves pretty often so it's not very often that one actually latches on, probably two or three times a week. "Seed" ticks are whats difficult. They are tiny, like grains of ground pepper. They usually are in a nest and if you bump into it, hundreds jump on you. You can feel them crawling on you but can barely see them. They are so small that you can't even grasp them to pull them off, you have to scrape them with a dull blade, or if you see a batch on your clothes, burn the lot of them with a cig lighter.
After you scrape them off, they leave tiny red bumps that itch for days. Ticks are annoying, but I'll take them over "Chiggers" any day. Their bites itch so terribly that I have seriously thought of touching hot metal to the bite as it would feel better. I usually use the scalding water treatment or douse them with rubbing alcohol or ammonia. The intense sting of the treatment takes way the itch and provides relief for several hours.
I remember saying once how nice it was where you lived now I'm not so sure .
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
and even the size of eagles in texas
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TruBrit
and even the size of eagles in texas
Really
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

Ticks are a daily thing where we live. .

never even seen a tick thank god..... luckily my two pussies have been tick and chigger free
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
Really
honest to god and cross me heart
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

honest to god and cross me heart
I've always believed there's some thing in the water you know make sure you dont drink it
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britvic
I've always believed there's some thing in the water you know make sure you dont drink it

always stick to evian here so no probs however think there's something in the water in britland coz i gained 10lbs however have already shed 4lbs...all my delicious curries and booze and socializing and yes it was worth every gained ounce
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

always stick to evian here so no probs however think there's something in the water in britland coz i gained 10lbs however have already shed 4lbs...all my delicious curries and booze and socializing and yes it was worth every gained ounce
Well thats different
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:18 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

never even seen a tick thank god..... luckily my two pussies have been tick and chigger free

Here's something funny, I just felt one crawling up my leg! I must have picked it up walking to the car this morning! He had not grabbed on yet and met a quick end...
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Here's something funny, I just felt one crawling up my leg! I must have picked it up walking to the car this morning! He had not grabbed on yet and met a quick end...
he's all man this one TruBrit. Luv ya Mr Yank Man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.