Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

BBC America improving ?

BBC America improving ?

Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:11 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC America improving ?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Choose your own cable channels? In this area we can't even choose the cable company...we are stuck with one.
It's changing, slowly. As FIOS rolls out from the phone company (Verizon) you can start to get tv via their fiber optic pipe instead of the cable company. You can also always just get a dish and flip over to that option.

As for a la carte...watch for it--

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/20...tm?POE=TECISVA
Old Apr 8th 2007, 12:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
It's changing, slowly. As FIOS rolls out from the phone company (Verizon) you can start to get tv via their fiber optic pipe instead of the cable company. You can also always just get a dish and flip over to that option.

The dish isn't really feasible for us...got too many TV's.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Actually the poll didn't have any recent shows either it just had shows from the mid seventies to early eighties which is good for people like me but not so good for anyone older or younger. Either way Trumpton was the best followed by the flumps and wombles. I am going to change my avatar in protest.
I LOVED The Flumps!!. I laughed when I saw the avatar.

I really hope they do update the programmes tho, there are much better ones they could be showing instead of the crap on there at the moment.
Old Apr 8th 2007, 1:42 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
I LOVED The Flumps!!. I laughed when I saw the avatar.

I really hope they do update the programmes tho, there are much better ones they could be showing instead of the crap on there at the moment.
I loved the Grandpa he was the best one! I want to be like him when I am older.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:13 pm

username 34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant understand why the make the BBCA soooooo bad - why the Benny Hill, why the Cash in the Attic for 8 hours a day,

I mean its made by BBC who know what we want to watch in the UK - then take all the crap or things that are from the dark ages and put them on BBCA??

I mean we got a few episodes into Waking the Dead (BBC's top 5 rated drama in the UK) which showed at 1am in the morning and then finished halfway through the series with no further schedule???!!!

Who's line is it anyway was funny in 1991, I do like How clean is your house just to watch those filthy buggers!

and Footballers Wives ..... please!! does anyone in the UK actually watch it?? give it back to Sky and ask for a refund!
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

omg a dish .... not allowed in our subdivision.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:24 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: BBC America improving ?

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Oh you are a posh moo aren't ya!!

Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:32 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The dish isn't really feasible for us...got too many TV's.
Sounds like you are taking advantage of no license fee.

BTW, the new Dish's can support 4 tvs.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:40 pm

Actually, US federal law trumps state and local laws that prohibit dishes. If you want a dish (under a certain size) then the federal government gives you that right, regardless of your local officials.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html
Old Apr 9th 2007, 3:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandmom
I cant understand why the make the BBCA soooooo bad - why the Benny Hill, why the Cash in the Attic for 8 hours a day,

I mean its made by BBC who know what we want to watch in the UK - then take all the crap or things that are from the dark ages and put them on BBCA??
the bbc has nothing to do with bbca though..
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Actually, US federal law trumps state and local laws that prohibit dishes. If you want a dish (under a certain size) then the federal government gives you that right, regardless of your local officials.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html
tks for that. i've printed a copy and will keep for future reference if required.

our HOA are pretty strict and if we were planning on staying here i'd be taking them on but tbh they're not worth it.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Oh you are a posh moo aren't ya!!

compared to some around here the answer is yes
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:33 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

tks for that. i've printed a copy and will keep for future reference if required.

our HOA are pretty strict and if we were planning on staying here i'd be taking them on but tbh they're not worth it.
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh HOAs...

Now why did I think of AWP just now...
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Elvira
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh HOAs...

Now why did I think of AWP just now...
lol me too...i think of them as 'the natzis' now...all awp's fault
Old Apr 9th 2007, 5:59 pm
Homebody

lol me too...i think of them as 'the natzis' now...all awp's fault
Have they commented at all on your habit of tending your flower garden ("yard" ) wearing your pink scrubs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.