Back in the US

Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:04 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Back in the US

Got back last Sunday evening. Yee ha.

Had a WONDERFUL time in the UK! Spent time in London and round about, took a train from London to Devon and back, and drove from London to Wales via Shrewsbury and back via Worcester. Saw some absolutely stunning countryside.

Ate fish and chip, good Indian food, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pudding, etc. Walked more miles in two weeks than I normally walk in a year!

Enjoyed seeing family members -- mother, brothers, sisters, in-laws, nieces, and nephews. As so many on the forum have commented, the kids grow and change so quickly when you see them only every couple of years.

The performance at the Globe was great, and Ricky Gervais's show was really funny. He's bringing it to the US . . . but he's going to have to modify it for US audiences! Not PC at all!!!! And allusions to Brit stuff that just won't be understood by US audiences.

Wish I could've stayed longer . . . And am freshly motivated to get the rental house (mobile home) sold so I can start making arrangements to go back permanently. Am so envious of those heading back. Perhaps it'll all come together and I'll be going next year. Fingers crossed.

Sarah
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:10 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back in the US

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
Got back last Sunday evening. Yee ha.
........Sarah
What did you see at the Globe?
Old Oct 7th 2007, 7:17 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
What did you see at the Globe?
Love's Labors Lost.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah your trip sounds fabulous Jealous that you saw Ricky Gervais:curse: Totally agree that Americans will not get some of the humour, so he will definitely have to adapt some of his stuff. Good luck in moving back if you decide to go for it. I am planning to go back myself next year, and can't wait